Event trailer

Armadillo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get into cattering what trailers are good ones and where do you find them looked online a lot to sort through any help would be appreciated

Armadillo, have you talked with your local HD? Here in KS you will need access to a licensed commercial kitchen or you will need to buy a mobile food kitchen that the HD will certify for a food license. Your local HD should be able to provide the information you will need to research trailers. Trailers outfitted with the basics for qualifying for a food license will start around $20K. You will also need liability insurance for the business. I would strongly suggest you form an LLC as well. The LLC will help to insulate you from personal liability from any business mishaps.

There is a lot of due diligence and research to perform before venturing into catering/vending. Even though there are similarities between these two types of business there are some big differences too. Be sure to research the details of both venues.

Lots of those kind of trailers show up on ebay.

True, but they are usually a very, very, very long way from Kansas. LOL (speaking from experience) And those are the ones that start around $20K. New turnkey trailers start around $40K. And before purchasing anything please get all the info from the KS HD or you may end up still modifying things at more cost. Some KS inspectors can be real "sticklers" about the regs.

Again, research and due diligence will save a great deal of disappointment and heartache.

Thanks I'm just starting I have the State HD I'm going to talk to him. Thanks for the help on the first steps wish me luck

Back