• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Upgrading my cook area

Just about done. Gutters and one or two small things, and it's ready for the 4th. I did a trial run today with the new chimney attached and I'm glad I did. The new chimney draws really well and I had a time keeping the temps down today.

The floor is now painted and free of tools, etc.

IMG_3958%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

Thick white smoke just after start.

IMG_3949%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

Thin blue after a few minutes.

IMG_3960-XL.jpg

Almost finished now. The exhaust for the smoker is finally installed. The stack runs through the utility closet and up through the roof. I haven't yet tested it, but I think it should draw better than ever.

IMG_3937%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

View from inside the closet.

IMG_3943%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

Just for completeness, the roof part with the cap. (Yup, pretty standard)

IMG_3948-XL.jpg

I'll get a chance to see how useable the space really is on the 4th. We're having a fair number of folks over for a BBQ. :-D

Thanks for looking, and happy 4th to all.

Is your chimney permanently attached to your BYC or did you rig it up so you can remove it and go mobile? Everything looks great. Very well done

Is your chimney permanently attached to your BYC or did you rig it up so you can remove it and go mobile? Everything looks great. Very well done

The chimney stack is attached to the exhaust of the BYC with screws. The BYC exhaust damper was removed to accommodate this and an inline damper in the stack is now used to control the exhaust. It's not setup to be moved, but it can be if I needed to.

Just in time for the 4th. Are you planning a big BBQ?

Yes, big by my standards. I have around 30 confirmed guests coming, and might be a few more as we get closer. I'll be throwing down pulled pork, brisket, home made sausage, and pork spare ribs. Also going to have Pig Shots and ABTs for appetizers.

This will be a test of my pitmaster skills in having all the meats ready to serve at one time. I'm looking forward to it, and if anyone goes hungry, It'll be their own fault. :mrgreen:

The 4th went well, but I was so busy I didn't have time to take many photos. Here are some appetizer / food pron shots and a couple shots taken by one of my friends at the party.

IMG_3969%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

IMG_3968%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

IMG_3976%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

IMG_3971%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

Back