We finally just grabbed it

westy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We were walking through Costco yesterday and saw these were back in stock for $289. Been looking for something just for grilling and there it was. My girl asked if we should grab it. (I love this about her. A little while ago she surprised me with a copy of Serious Barbecue:clap::clap:) We left, and checked around a bit and decided, yup we should. Good price, the're listed for about $400 from the company. Costco wanted 80 bucks to deliver it 5 miles away and couldnt give me a time or even a day! Got a truck and picked it up ourselves. Looking forward to firing it up.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130610200010476.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130610200010476.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 709
  • 2013-06-10_20-02-25_HDR.jpg
    2013-06-10_20-02-25_HDR.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 708
  • 2013-06-10_20-02-48_HDR.jpg
    2013-06-10_20-02-48_HDR.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 706
Costco Melbourne will carry them
$1,399 and you have to fit the wheels yourself.

I can only imagine what it would cost ya. Saw a post from a year or two ago from someone halfway across the country. The cost of the grill was 300 and the shipping was 350. They were nice enough to fasten the wheels though....

Good grab! Looks to be about 11 gage steel, should provide years of service. You might consider getting some 1/2 or 1/3 "splits" firebrick and line at least the bottom of the firebox. Here is wishing you good cooking!

Seems a little odd, but I don't think there is any. This is one jonmhenderson has.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2488433&postcount=3
I think I remember some discussion on a thread or two where folks seemed to think the draft in from the top was plenty. From jonmhenderson's posts there is apparently no problem getting a hot clean fire and it cooks real nice.
So, there's no way to control the draft?

Great find but where do you control the air flow?

Enquiring Minds Want To Know!

Seems a little odd, but I don't think there is any. This is one jonmhenderson has.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2488433&postcount=3
I think I remember some discussion on a thread or two where folks seemed to think the draft in from the top was plenty. From jonmhenderson's posts there is apparently no problem getting a hot clean fire and it cooks real nice.

Yep, I was thinking that. Same principal as using a drum for a fire pit in cold climes.

Great find but where do you control the air flow?

No air flow control. Basically like cooking over an in ground pit except its lifted up and put in a metal box. Santa Maria bbq outfitters also sells a charcoal/wood grate that lifts the fire up and allows it to draft. Gonna buy one or fabricate one myself. They also have a propane side burner that fits in place of one of the cutting boards that looks like a nice touch.

Good grab! Looks to be about 11 gage steel, should provide years of service. You might consider getting some 1/2 or 1/3 "splits" firebrick and line at least the bottom of the firebox. Here is wishing you good cooking!

Thinkin thats a goo idea too. Thanks

Back