View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
Would you mind elaborating a bit on the "volume game"? This is news for me, we have done a cpl PC's and for whatever reason, this never occurred to me. Should we be cooking amounts above and beyond the turn in criteria of half pans, filled to the rim?
I think what is meant is that many times a PC contest is judged based solely on how many tickets you get or how many ribs you sell to the public. The public will get so many tickets for so much $ and then they "buy" product with those tickets, so the team that has the most tickets (read: sells the most product) at the end of the day wins.

We don't usually do PC because it's a big hassle and there's just too many people hanging around (especially if it's any time near turn ins). We're only a 2 person team and so we don't have any extra hands to handle the PC. Next weekend, we're doing one that is a blind PC, meaning we cook ahead of time and turn in all the ribs and they just get judged blind by the public from one location. This one's for a good cause so we don't mind helping and don't care if we win or not.

Thanks from:--->