Smoking Beef Ribs- A little help

smokinjerseyguy

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Looking to try smoking some beef ribs soon; never done this before and just looking for any pointers you guys/gals may have. Any recommendations for marinade vs. dry rubs or any help on what is the best way to know when they are ready to come of?

What rubs do you have. I cook at 225-250 and take off when I can see bone They will take longer than pork ribs You can wrap in foil and add a little beer to it for an hour or so

S&P, Montreal Steak Seasoning or any beef rub. I really like Plowboys Bovine Bold.

As far as foil, that's up to you. I foil mine once the bark gets to the color I like.

I treat beef ribs like brisket on a stick :) I cook until the meat is probe tender.

A little salt, ground pepper, and a pinch of cayenne will do great as a rub. If you have time, put the rub on (sparingly with the salt), and let it "dry brine" in the fridge for a couple hours. Then smoke at 225-250 for 4-5 hours. I don't foil mine. If you want to put a little sauce on yours, brush the sauce on at the 4hr mark and let it cook in.

Alternatively, if you get your hands on some Obie-que "Smooth Move" rub, that works great on Beef Ribs.

The thought of some beef ribs is making me hungry right now!

jmuellerrib1w.jpg

4 hours in the smoke 2 hours in foil @ around 225 the entire time.

Here they are before foil.

Attachments

• br1.JPG
    br1.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 73
Back