• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need to find custom pitmaker in Texas ASAP!

Yup, call George Shore at Pitmaker. Their custom rigs are seriously pimptastic!

Event-3-630.jpg

Yes, that's a 52" flat screen TV in the top. It's on a chain-driven electric lift. :wink:

John

I know the owner at Pits By JJ and can try to get the order sped up. It will be hard to find an unclaimed new trailer pit unless someone cancelled an order. Most don't build them without having them sold.

I was hoping to find a maker who had a buyer getting cold feet or that has a buyer that isn't in a rush. Anyways, I've already spoke to both R&O and East Texas Smoker Co. and between these guys I think I'm covered.

Thanks for all the advice!

Oh and for those that were wondering, the giveaway is for our customers, not the employees, unfortunately. If anyone is a car dealer in the DFW area get in touch with me because you could be eligible to win a pit! :mrgreen:

^^^Are liars eligible? :pray: If so, let me know! :thumb:

What a coincidence, I was just about to register Untraceable's Greasy Car Sales and BBQ Team LLC

Kyle, has your boss actually looked at a Gator Pit in real life, they are far from cheap. One of the best built pits out there. I would take a Gator over just about anything short of a Klose.

Kyle, has your boss actually looked at a Gator Pit in real life, they are far from cheap. One of the best built pits out there. I would take a Gator over just about anything short of a Klose.

Trust me, I'm with ya. And he DOES know that. Thing is, he's trying to impress a crowd and it's the flashy stuff that does that, not a basic pit.

Right now he also has me trying to buy $400 Montblanc pens and he also just went to a gold and coin shop and came back with $8000 worth of goodies- everything from .90% silver 50 cent pieces (worth about $13 ea in silver) that he plans to just hand to people just for walking in the door, to 100oz bars of silver to 3 $500 bills. It's all about getting people excited and talking and interested in this stuff.

fancy knives, that is interesting, fancy Japanese kitchen knives

You will have NO problem finding a great pit maker in Texas. I, of course, am partial to Jambo pits, but Klose is a mighty fine pit maker too. I'm sure there are many others. Good luck.

The R & O smokers are very nice and the Ritter's are great people to work with. I purchased a backwoods gator from them a year ago and they built me a custom cart for it that is awesome. They pay good attention to detail and make very sharp look pits. Not sure if you have seen the custom pit they built for themselves, but the blue trailer is the one they built specifically for them to compete on. Also, the green pit was built for the co-owner and is a very sharp pit.

I have been cooking on a Johnson pit for 3 years. He makes a great product that cooks wonderful. Use mine for comps.vending And backyard use at home. Lots of sizes and options available too

4:20Q? Does he use a weed burner to get it started?

I don't know. He did modify the intakes on the firebox and insulated the door. I'd like to find a source for those boiler thingies he is using. He turns them to adjust the air flow. Pretty cool mod, I thought.

^^^he's talking about a different kinda weedburner, methinks....

Back