Maverick ET-732 Performance in the Cold Winter Temps

Bogus Chezz Hawg

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am going to buy a Maverick ET-732. My only concern is its operating performance in winter's below freezing temps. Does the transmitter unit work well in the cold or have any of you experienced any issues? I plan on placing the transmitter far enough away from the firebox to avoid any heat related issues.

I use my drum all winter long and have used my maverick through all night cooks with temps in the teens, no problems at all. My maverick sits on my Kingsford charcoal bin, right next to the drum so ambient heat of the side of the drum may keep it warmer? No problems with my maverick, ever. Beams signal to my second floor bedroom just fine.

Cold weather never affected mine. I can reach the remote three floors up in my attick from outside. But I dont like the Maverick's accuracy. It is the best option for a remote thermo at this current point in time.

So far so good in the cold although it hasn't been too bad here so far this year. 25* is probably the lowest temp I've used it in this winter. I say buy it, it's an invaluable tool for me.

The coldest I have used mine was about 34* in a driving rain. I set it on a shelf behind the smoke chamber and covered it with a plastic lid proped up on some brick. It worked great and never lost its signal. I stayed inside as much as possible that day.

Back