Prices for pork been down?

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It's been a little while since I've bought pork butts (but not THAT long), but I was shocked today when I called up RD in Indianapolis and they told me their bone-in pork butts were $1.49/lb and CASE price was only $1.36/lb.

Seems to me that's a pretty farkin good price!

Anyone else noticed pork being down? I'm wondering if it's just because it's the end of the "season"?

Even briskets were only $2.44/lb.

Pork is normally always down in December. At least in California. I've always assumed it had to do with the demand for holiday tamales.

Cheapest we ever get pork shoulders out here is $1.49/lb and I haven't seen that in a while. Briskets we can find for $1.99/lb about every 60 days on sale

I'm worried about beef prices next summer. I'm not in a real beef region and I hope that it won't get ugly. Good ribeyes are already $6.99 to 7.99 a pound. As far as pork, it's been ok for the most part. It's up, but not ridiculously so. Costco boston butts are about $1.89 here. I'd really love to have more beef this year.

Just bought a case of bone-in butts from RD last week at $1.37 lb. The last time I bought some they were $1.57 lb. Not quite the $0.99 I was paying last year, but every little bit helps.

Back