Cutco. Cutlery

I bought a Chef knife at a garage sale and it is a great knife. Holds a edge well and sturdy. Plus I paid about $7.

I have a pair of Cutco kitchen shears and love them. I have had them for about 5 years and they have yet to need sharpened. If the knives hold up as well as the shears have I would not hesitate to purchase them.

My dad sold them when he was a teenager (back in the mid-60s). He went on to own a steak house and still swears by them. I'll say this, he's had the same set of Cutco knives since before I was born and I'm 38. They definitely seem to hold up.

I sold Cutco for one summer 22 years ago and managed to get my own Homemaker + 8 set & a few other pieces in the process.

After 20 years of usage, I finally sent the Double-D edge knives to Cutco for sharpening and they came back razor sharp.

We've been very happy with the quality. They do cost a bundle but if you treat them well they'll serve you well for a long time.

Everything I've heard about them is that they are great knives, but they also carry a hefty price tag. I'm about to order a few knives from Victorinox off amazon as soon as I can track down my gift cards, I hear great things about them too but they are much cheaper.

The Redheads cousin used to sell Cutco knives. I am not a huge fan of them because I don't like the handles. I much prefer my Henkels chefs knife. Out of the many we own, I only use the large break knife and the filet knife. The filet knife is the best of the bunch. I have used it for years and it is still razor sharp.

If I was spending the money, I would go with a set of Wustof or Henkels. Just my .02.

I never heard of them.
Just got educated about them on the WWW.
Definitely a premium knife.

Price = "OUCH" :-D

Gotta get that winning LOTTO ticket for sure.

TIM

I have the fillet knife and a meat cleaver. I like them both.

They are exactly what they promise and actually, if you want a knife that will last a very long time, with a great guarantee and will take and hold an edge they are actually worth the price.

I do not like the handle or balance of the knife, they have a heavy, dead feel to the cut, but, that is me. I prefer a wide slow taper and actually think carbon steel is a preferable steel, as it feels more alive in my hands and I like to create my own edge. But, they are an excellent knife for those that want a durable everyday knife.

There are a lot of really good knives to be had. To me,most important is how does it feel in your hand. The heft, balance & conformity are really important. For me, Gunter Wilhelm knifes are a pleasure to use.

Anyone own/use Cutco cutlery? Just wondering about the quality. Suppose to be really good knives.

Hi Ralph,

I also sold Cutco right out of High School back in 1976 .We still have the same complete set from then and my wife has sent in several times for the free sharpening service. Hope all is well.
--

Hi Ron, how you been. I'm still cooking on the Fatboy I got from Nate. Also have a couple of WSM and just finished an outdoor Kitchen with a BBQ BULL Grill. Going to be adding a Forno Provo Outdoor Pizza Oven next year. Things are good around here.

Your selling Primo now also. I almost bought the big oval one a few years ago.

I bought a Chef knife at a garage sale and it is a great knife. Holds a edge well and sturdy. Plus I paid about $7.

I've been told that you don't have to have a receipt to get the free sharpening service. Does anyone know if that is true?

I've been told that you don't have to have a receipt to get the free sharpening service. Does anyone know if that is true?

Not only is that true, but I bought an old pair of Cutco scissors that were slightly warped and sent them in to be sharpened and they sent me a brand new pair for NO COST!

I have MANY Cutco knives and absolutely LOVE them!!! They keep their edge and feel wonderful in my hand. You can't beat the "FOREVER" guarantee either. No receipt needed!!!

My son's ex-girlfriend called us up and wanted to do a demo for us. She is in college and selling them for a summer job. I was impressed but $900 for a set I can have my Chicago Cutlery sharpened twice a year for the rest of my life. We did buy a pairing knife to help her out $45.00.

ebay appears to have some decent deals on Cutco knives, especially used ones.

We were given a set of Cutco knives 45 years ago as a wedding gift,all of them are still in use today, they have been sent back for sharpening many time and we have never been asked for a receipt, we love them.:thumb:

Back