Letting it go

ThomEmery

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Letting it go
After much thought and consideration
I have decided to give up on cooking comp que. With kids in college, Grand babies on the way and church planting involvement $$ priorities have changed ;)
We will still organize a few events and cater (I always win the GC at that) ;0)
I guess we will never win the Jack or the Royal or be on the KCBS BoD :)

It has been fun

Those sound like some very well-thought out priorities that I doubt you'd ever regret making.
All the best with the future Thom!

Hey Thom,
I know you’ve done a lot for the BBQ in California, and it’s much appreciated. I certainly hope you stay active since you seem to really understand and promote the important things in the “sport”; community, fellowship, and service. Cheers!

Good luck Thom! Hopefully we'll cross paths again at one of your events! :p

You were always more than willing to help out a beginner when i was starting out in Arizona. Thanks for that and I doubt you will regret your decision.

Look forward to seeing you at one of your events. If you get down to Texas, look me up.

Best of luck Thom. We all make choices as our life progresses and sometimes you have to lay one thing down for a while in favor of another. Still, it may not be forever, so we'll keep a cooksite open for you.

Who knows, one day I might even take up Ham radio or golf again!

That's a tough decision Thom,I know how you feel.I do hope you stay involved we will miss you. Good luck.

Thom, I too can see that you have put a LOT of thought into your decisions.
Best of luck to you. I am sure you will do well with what you will be doing. Now don't spoil the grandkids too much... :thumb:

That had to have been a hard decision for you to make Thom. You know that you have my best wishes going forward. One day at a time for me. Different reasons but still working toward the same resolve.

I mean... you can still loan out equipment though right???!!!! :becky:

Good for you Thom. Priorities brother.

Life ebbs and flows . . . loves come and go . . . do today what God calls you to do . . . don't worry about tomorrow . . . or yesterday.

Tough decision, Thom.

Follow your heart and simply do what you know is right.

Sounds to me like that's the way you're heading.

All the best for you . . .

Thom

We still would like your participation in Operation BBQ Relief...

PM me your email addy, I'll forward you the current email...

Take care...

Thom,

I sure you will be missed as there is more to competitive cooking than winning Grand championships but you have to go where your heart takes you. Best of luck to you.

I know this had to be a hard but well thought out decision. You have been there for me in the past and I know we will cross paths again.

Oh, the next time I do need a pit let check with Scottie and make sure he has removed all his left over ribs out of it. lol

We all know the comp cooking knowledge won't be lost you can always pull it back out any time and kick some tail.

Back