Craigslist Fathers Day Score. Wait 2 scores 1 Fathers day.

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So Ive been looking for a nice Weber Genesis for a couple months after consulting with the Brethren here.

My wife said If I found it, it could be my fathers day gift. So Ive been looking on CL most everyday looking for one. Now fathers day was a day away and I hadnt found one. She was getting nervous because she didnt have anything else lined up. Then low and behold last night, 2 genesis' one silver, went up. 1 for $50 and two for $75. I called and said Id take em both. Unfortunately when I got there, the silver, which is the one I really wanted, wasnt Propane. It was NG :redface:

Offered $65 in hopes of converting it. But really wanted one that was ready to grill. He offered to throw in another 3 burner. I went for it.

$65 for the lot.
4718235578_01b6fdb613.jpg

4717591739_bd787c0dbf.jpg

Then Fathers day I woke and checked one more time, then there was the one as looking for the whole time! A 3 burner Silver Genesis.

Even came with a Cover, two tanks and one was full!

$100 for the lot.
4718236214_9e2b351008.jpg

Now I need to figure out what to do with all the spares.

I'm confused. Did you end up with three or four grills and was it $100 total?

Either way, three or four for $100 is a great score! Clean up the other two and sell them!

Jet that red 3 burner is the best one to cook with as it has a deeper pit
and twice as many flavorizer bars gives a more even cooking temp and awsome indirect cooks with the 2 outsides on middle off

nice pick -up i see my Goodwill has 2 sitting outside might have to check them out

Either way, three or four for $100 is a great score! Clean up the other two and sell them!
That's like one those logic questions: If Bob had 7 apples and gave 3 to Suzie and 2 to Billie, how many does he have? That would be 3 grills for $165. lol

i don't care how you look at it, thats great. now fix what you don't want and get more than you spent back.

Bought the first three last night.

Bought the last one (geneisis silver b 3 burner) the next day.
$165 for all 4 grills.

Jet that red 3 burner is the best one to cook with as it has a deeper pit
and twice as many flavorizer bars gives a more even cooking temp and awsome indirect cooks with the 2 outsides on middle off

nice pick -up i see my Goodwill has 2 sitting outside might have to check them out
I'll keep that in mind. It's the worst so I was thnking about just robbing the grates and thermo and puttin it to the curb.
I'll look into fixin it as well.

Only Genesis I ever saw on CL here was beat near to death. Doors were gone, side table was gone, was missing a wheel and the guy wouldn't budge on 80 for it...

soooo, ya got 4 gas grills over the weekend. interesting.

Tell me about it. 3 UDS' two spares, a drum horizontal, and weber kettle, plus an ECB and some other unidentified grill types. Time to start thinnin the herd!

Back