I'll show you mine if.....

D

drumfreak

Just got back from competing in Sayville and noticed that although some teams bring a bunch of equipment, others pack more efficiently. In an effort to educate those who haven't competed before and want to get a grip on what to bring, I am going to attach my checklist and would like to encourage others to post theirs. Also...feel free to evaluate my checklist and comment on things that I might want to add, subtract or modify.

Attachments

• SMOKEHOUSE_RULES_COMPETITION_CHECKLIST_2009.xls
    48 KB · Views: 114
Yep, after a year, I'm still looking at ways to trim down stuff it the trailer. I can usually be broke down and the trailer packed before awards. I usually pull out and park somewhere for a quick exit after awards since I usually work the next morning at 6am.

Are JB BC AS DL the team members that pack or have the items?

looks like a good start. I too was wondering about the initials. I guessed the same about that being who packed what.

Yes. the initials indicate who is responsible for bringing those items

I used to have a pretty elaborate list, that wasn't in any sort of order. I found it silly to write down things that were a no-brainer like beer, meat, kinves, ice.. but you do want a check list of rubs, sauces, paper towels, foil, etc. and anything else that you usually run out of.. the past couple of contests, I've forgotten charcoal !!.. I would suggest to come up with your own list, and just use others as a basic guideline.

I found it silly to write down things that were a no-brainer like beer, meat, kinves, ice..QUOTE]

Might seem silly, but I forgot our ribs at our last contest! Got lazy and put them in a different fridge than the rest of my contest meat - then left them at home. Luckily the contest was only about 30 minutes from home.

Back