2nd Comp with my Daughter (Black Diamond, WA) Lots of pics!

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Second competition with my daughter this past weekend. While we had a GREAT time we didn't have much luck with the judges. In fact, I found myself a little depressed. That is, until I downloaded these pics, and remembered why I really do this...spending time with my little bbcutie!! :-D

Here are some pics of our fun:

004-1-1.jpg

Katie with our new logo/banner

021-1.jpg

Daddy and Me!!

009-1.jpg

Katie fueling up the "smoker joe" for our sausage entry

012-1.jpg

Applying the rub

042-1.jpg

Mixing the sauce

051-1.jpg

Saucing

055-1.jpg

Almost ready for the box!
073-1.jpg

Turn in

033-1.jpg

There was a ribbon cutting to open the new road we were cooking on...

050-1.jpg

...a time capsule being burried...

044-1.jpg

...a mine accident warning siren, part of Miner's Day festivities...

028-1.jpg

...a museum to explore...

040-1.jpg

...and some dancing!! :-D

056-1.jpg

Was enough to wear a person out!!! She's actually reading a book under there! :wink:

104-1.jpg

Thank goodness Katie worked so hard on the sausage entry (she really did do most of the work on this one). Our only chance to walk (3rd place!!).

102.jpg

Didn't get any closer to these than this pic. But after looking at my pics, I really do feel like a winner! :-D:-D:-D Thanks for checking them out!

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Great pictures! I'm glad that yu and Katie had a good time. Congrats on the sausage call!

Those are awesome shots, you guys were both winners. :thumb:
What a great looking time. Keep it up!

I really missed not cooking Black Diamond this year and sad that is was scheduled the same weekend as Birch Bay, because they are both great family friendly events-so sorry to hear Katie was not able to sway the judges-but the thing about Black Diamond is it draws the experienced CBJ's out and they are very good, so take the comment cards and get ready for Chehalis and Duvall!! Katie will have a blast!
Nice pics Chris! Give me a call!

Congrats on the sausage call!! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time! Can't wait till my little guy (3.5 yrs) gets a little older to help... well... he already trys to help. Gotta love it!!

Back