3 pizzas - live and learn...Pron

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have been wanting to try some new pizzas so I fired up the Egg on Tuesday and made the following...

SBT - just cream cheese with Salt Lick rub - nothing fancy but oh so good.

BBQ Chicken Pizza - bbq sauce as a base, grilled and diced boneless skinless chicken thighs, grilled pineapple and a chedder jack cheese mix- very tasty...

Buffalo Chicken pizza - blue cheese dressing as a sauce, grilled and diced boneless skinless chicken thighs, Franks Hot Sauce, and Blue Cheese. - I found out there is such a thing as too much blue cheese - not so tasty.

Not to be put off, tonight braving 30 MPH winds, I tried to redeem myself and took another stab at the Buffalo Chicken pizza... started with whole grain dough, blue cheese dressing for the sauce, grilled and diced boneless skinless chicken thighs, a HEALTHY dose of hot sauce and topped it off with a mix of Chedder Jack, Mozzarella, and a SPRINKLE of blue cheese. It took about 20 minutes to cook at 475 degrees - not sure if it was the cold and wind or the whole grain dough.
This will definately be on the rotation - probably one of the best pizzas I have ever made.

Enjoy the pron -

Attachments

• DSC_0314.jpg
    DSC_0314.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Pineapple.jpg
    Pineapple.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_0311.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0312.jpg
    DSC_0312.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 166
  • BBQ Chicken post.jpg
    BBQ Chicken post.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_0318.jpg
    DSC_0318.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 167
  • whole grain.jpg
    whole grain.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 167
  • whole grain 3.jpg
    whole grain 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 166
  • whole 4.jpg
    whole 4.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 168
  • on egg.jpg
    on egg.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 168
  • whole grain 5.jpg
    whole grain 5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 166
  • whole grain 7.jpg
    whole grain 7.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 166
That looks really good!:cool: I found that out about blue cheese the hard way too. I found it is much better to run across a bite with blue cheese in it than having the blue cheese all over it. Dang good though when you do it right!:cool:

Again with the pizza's!!! :cool:

You really should start a pizzeria! Hate Blue Cheese but the others look great!

looks mighty tasty, thanks for the pics:razz::razz::razz:

how long start to finish did it take to make the za's.....they do look tasty. t

start to finish... probably 40 minutes which includes getting the egg cleaned up , lit, and up to temp. I usually start that first then move on to forming my dough. I use fresh dough I get from a local bakery - at $1.25/pound it's not worth my time to make it.
Probably the thing that takes longest is forming the dough into a (sort of) circle without tearing it but I am getting the hang of it. Throwing on the toppings is the easy part, the waiting for it to cook is the hardest part...:wink:
Cooking time is anywhere from 12 - 20 minutes. Once you get the first one on, you have that time to throw the others together. This is when I wish I had more than one egg...

And yes Bubba - AGAIN WITH THE PIZZAS!!!
Now the question is - which picture to submit for the throwdown... but the week is not over - there may be more pizza...

The last one is a money shot....made my mouth water... Tell me more about the whole grain dough, good stuff?? Good job, but just in case Al (called and) says keep practicing!!

You sure have pizzas down to to a fine art. Too bad about the blue cheese overdose.

The last one is a money shot....made my mouth water... Tell me more about the whole grain dough, good stuff?? Good job, but just in case Al (called and) says keep practicing!!
Thanks Char -
Yes, the milti-grain dough was very good - I was surprised actually. When I bought it I thougt it was just whole wheat but there are a lot of "grains" in there and it was fairly coarse, not smooth like your typical pizza dough. It had good body but did take longer to cook then my usual dough. Not sure I got a real good taste of it since there was so much hot sauce on the 'za so I am interested in trying it on a pie with just sauce and cheese so I can get the flavor or I may just make rolls out of what's left.

If you can give me a 4 hour heads up, i do believe i would like to get a carryout tonight. :cool:

Very nice pizza's there LMAJ. I was wondering why Char has been pushing pizza for dinner over the past few nights. Now I know!

Back