• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Something Crispy This Way Comes" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Something Crispy This Way Comes!"[/size]
IMG_0576-1.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid...of the eggplant in Gore's masterpiece work from the 2010 Bacon Throwdown!.

...as chosen by Moose, the winner of the In My Neck of the Woods Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/15 through Sunday 10/24.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/24.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 10/25 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 10/29. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Fatty Throwdown until Sunday night 10/17 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Home Cured and Smoked Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

No, no, no ... Fish nibs and okra chips are not allowed. You have to submit FOOD for this throwdown: Nachos, crisp bacon, even pork butts cooked to 300*, and I'm ok with pig skins, but no crunchy fishy okra thingies.

I suppose you could make the eggplant skin crispy. I shudder to think of any attempt to make the meat crispy.

Hmmmm...eggplant. Mandoline. Deep skillet on the kettle. Lotsa oil at 375 or so. Yep, I think I could make eggplant crispy.

Crispy maybe but still tastes like KaaKaa...:shocked::becky:

Maybe waffles & crispy yardbird..Hmmmm...Good choice Moose.

I was maybe thinking some crispy bacon nachos...or maybe carnitas.

I know what I want to do...the question is whether or not I get the chance to do it. And maybe also a little bit of whether or not I can actually make it right.

I was thinking of something with corn chips like nachos and was informed that corn chips are "crunchy" not "crispy." Might have to go with Chris' idea: Anyone ever cold-smoke Romaine?

Funny, I was just thinking about the distinction between crispy and crunchy last night. In my twisted mind, crunch requires your molars to grind while crisp just refers to that initial sharp snap when you bite into it but in most foods they are not mutually exclusive.
I think of fresh corn chips as both crispy and crunchy (initial snap but needs lots of hard molar action to finish), granola (and Northern Californians) are crunchy but not crispy, and well cooked french fries are crispy and not crunchy.

Confused? I am.

Back