Signature Fark Pork Spare Ribs / pron

BigAl

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I sold my Bandera a while ago :cry: and bought a 22.5 weber kettle on CL for $10 :-D. After my grandson's soccer practice yesterday and a trip to the store, this was my first attempt to smoke spares on the weber.

Still learning about the temp control with the weber and the amount of fuel needed. Smoke was a mixture of pecan, maple, plum and mesquite.

Mustard, Kosher salt, granulated garlic and fresh cracked pepper and a whatever I could find in the kitchen sauce. Not bad, not the best either.

Ribs were not as good as what I have made before on my Bandera but I will accept that it was my first try on the weber. I got started late and was getting real hungry and did not give the low and slow method enough time for the ribs to be as tender as I like. Guess I just need more practice to learn the weber. :oops:

Smoked a couple ears of corn in the husks also.

Pron was OK until I changed the camera setting (night landscape) to capture the fire flames and forgot to reset it :shock::mad:

Got some "country ribs" on the weber today.

My grandson, Miles is on an 1.5-2 year old "team" he "scored" several goals, they had to "try" for a team picture 3 times. Fun to watch. The big ball is just to try to keep them interested and he got a good food into it a couple of times.

1st pron, Miles gets aligned from Mom for a goal, he is number 11.

Attachments

• DSCN0258.jpg
    DSCN0258.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0259.jpg
    DSCN0259.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0267.jpg
    DSCN0267.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0289.jpg
    DSCN0289.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0291.jpg
    DSCN0291.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0292.jpg
    DSCN0292.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0297.jpg
    DSCN0297.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
WoW 1.5-2 they start them young these days. Great looking team and vittles!!

Mustard is good on hot dogs,bratwurst,and braunschweiger....
Never had it on ribs! I'm open minded! As most people know,
coon@$$es will eat anything!
The ribs do look good!

Nice farkin' ribs!

You're grandson is very cute!

Nice looking ribs. Hehe, tiny tots soccer is great.

Looks like some mighty fine ribs to me...Wish I was(felt) young enough to play soccer again...

firecrackerjack

Mustard is good on hot dogs,bratwurst,and braunschweiger....
Never had it on ribs! I'm open minded! As most people know,
coon@$$es will eat anything!
The ribs do look good!

true, very true! mon ami

Thanks for looking and the complements.

The Sunday country ribs came out great, no pron camera battery discharged but it did happen and I got leftovers to prove it. I used "Hickory Flavored" Kingsford charcoal and got light blue smoke for most of the cook and there was a slight hickory flavor in the country ribs.

Never used it...Any good??

That was my first cook with it and I have two 17 lb bags. I will know after a few longer cooks.

There is no good hard wood here, nothing but pines here. :icon_pissed

Hard wood and fruit wood have to be trucked here and is way to expensive to smoke/cook with.:icon_smil

So if I can get enough hickory flavor from the charcoal, it will be my favorite.

Back