• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment NEW CONTEST in Gothenburg Nebraska

arrowhead

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The Pony Express BBQ Challenge, april 26th and 27th 2013 in gothenburg nebraska.

KCBS and RMBBQA event.

will be held in the city's lafayette park. 32 level spots ranging in size anywhere from 40x25 to 70x26. water and electricity at each site, free ice, bathrooms, showers, shaded, rv dump station. playground, horse shoe pit.

early entry fee of $175 until march 15th, then it's $200.

prize purse of $5000.

we believe the north platte honky tonk festival (37 miles west) will be the following weekend, so we are offering free (secure) storage for your equipment for the week.

we hope you consider joining us in gothenburg and then in north platte in getting your season started.

any questions, contact me, mike eberle crabdaddyfeast@hotmail.com

see you on the trail.

Last edited:
Mike, You & John have put a lot of work into getting this event off the ground. It should be a great event for everyone!! I'll be helping where I can and I hope to judge as well. Cheers!!!!

any teams interested in vending friday night, please let me know.

No problem, Shannon of Iowa Wild Hogs(fellow Brethren) called me and said why dont we combine forces and do this one and split all the cost for meat and entry. He has a camper and knows I dont like to drive much so I told him I would take care of all the fuel costs from here.

Last edited:
New BBQ Cook-Off- Lincoln NE

Planning to have an event in May 2014 and looking for a little feedback. This would be an annual event and toying with the idea of trying to make it a KCBS event. Thoughts?

Not sure on a few of the details, but know it will be held at Haymarket Park and will go during a Lincoln Saltdogs game.

If you want to integrate with a game, I would recommend doing a people's choice on Friday evening before the game. It could be something free (included with game ticket) like a couple of chicken wings or maybe a buck a bone ribs. Make it worthwhile for the teams to participate and introduce the teams and name a winner at the seventh inning stretch. Give the people's choice teams 3 or 4 tickets each and a section to sit together.

If there is a Saturday game, I would start it after the turn-ins are done and maybe do awards in the stadium just before the game.

Do baseball themed trophies like a mini bat on a plaque for categories and maybe framed #1 and #2 jerseys for GC and RGC.

Could be a fun contest and we need more contests that are public friendly.

Check on the dates of other contests and try to stay a couple weeks apart. A lot of teams don't like to do contests on consecutive weekends.

PM me if you want to discuss this offline.

Back