View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #51
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKING! View Post
Honestly the only thing keeping me from making a pellet smoker my main home/competition smoker once I do start competing is the need for external power and the maintenance issue. Over time the maintenance issues will decline to a point where it’s negligible. For power I wish a company would make a long lasting chargeable battery that could go for days without having to plug anything in. I don’t think that would be hard since these don’t require much power to run anyway. Otherwise the consistency in product produced is second to none and I’ll say it gain... recipes depend on that. That and they aren’t fun to operate.
A lot of competitions have power onsite. We also have a Wen 2000w generator we bring that powers our GMG when there is no power. Small generators are almost a necessity at competitions anyway, so >$500 for the Wen was perfect for us. I also find myself using it at home quite a bit too, especially this winter when we had all those snow storms and lost power.

Thanks from:--->