advice on Lang60 or Lang84?

HolySmoke

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anybody using or has used a Lang60 or Lang84? Thinking about getting one and on the fence about which one to get sine the difference in price is really not that much. I will be splitting this with someone so its really not that much damage to the pocket. I know we will prob end up with an 84 but i was wondering what we might be in for, i spoke to Ben Lang 2 times so far & he is very nice & informitive but i was looking for some outside advice.

Thanks

Go w/ the 84...if you get the 60...you will want the 84. The exrtra space is nice...you wont regret it. Especially since $ is not a concern...go big. Lang does have some killer smokers. I dont like the new style w/ the rolled metal..not as much character as the tanks...but...an excellent smoker indeed.

thanks, i love the deluxe warmer added to the fb! extra room to cook/grill/smoke, and for an extra $250 they add 4 damper controls to be able to grill in it at 500deg & still allow chamber to remain at 250!!!! Damn good deal.

60 with the sliding top rack...

on edit.... you need to decide what you want to do with this cooker. While only 2 feet longer... these cookers are really different machines. the 84 is substantially bigger that the 60. The 84 in spots is hard to see into and at the NEBS cooking class this past year we actually "lost" a rack of ribs in one.

The 60 is great, and with the top rack (which I do not have); you could put somewhere around 40 racks of ribs in it using rib racks. If you need more capacitiy than that... go with the 84. If its for home and contests? I'd really stay with the 60.

I'm going to be at Harvard, Ma and Westport with my 60 if you want to see it. Feel free to come over and look at it.

What is the intended purpose ?? If you are just looking for Comp cooking the 60 is plenty. If you are going to be cooking for large amounts of people the 84 or even the 108 is the way to go.

What is the intended purpose ?? If you are just looking for Comp cooking the 60 is plenty. If you are going to be cooking for large amounts of people the 84 or even the 108 is the way to go.

I think he'd be very happy with YOUR 60 and we'll grab the 84.....:cool:

I love my 60, but like many have said before, buy the largest you can afford. There have been a few times where I wish I had more room. I will keep my 60, but one day I will also own an 84!

Thanks all, we are actually getting the 84 with the deluxe warmer w/ new grilling mods. This will be for comps & large parties & vending at some point. We are splitting this and for less than $1000 difference it would be crazy, after speaking to Ben a third time!!

Thanks tranformer if we are there i would love to see the 60in action!:biggrin::biggrin:

lang60 w/ warmer $2797 + $250 for ability to grill in warmer at 500 & keep cooker at 250 = $3045

Lang84 warmer $3495 + $250 for ability to grill in warmer at 500 & keep cooker at 250 = $3745

84 IS IT!!

I have an older 84 w/ warmer and it is plenty big for my use -never filled it up but the room is there if I need it- Picked it up used and could pass it up for the price the guy was asking - it is one cooking machine-You will be impressed with your choice after you use it a few times

Thanks, looking to have it for sayville in october. This is a big step & a big cooker but from what Ben has told me its really easy to keep going. Will post pics when it arives boy i can't wait!

i have a 60 and an 84 and love them both.....def go with the bigger of the two.....

Whichever you get, make sure you get it with the grill on the tongue :wink:

firing-uptheLang.jpg

bbqpittwin_0111.jpg

Congrats! Ben's shop is about 30 minutes from my parents' house. Do you know if you are getting the new 3rd generation or the traditional model? Anyway, you are going to love your new smoker!

Back