• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Have you ever...Corned Beef question...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have a corned beef point I am soaking and plan on throwing on the smoker tomorrow. The intent is to make hash out of it for Sunday. Since I am going to be dicing it up anyway, and it's a nice fatty point... has anyone done these like burnt ends?
Cook it up for till it's tender then dice it back up and toss on more rub then back on the cooker for a while? (no sauce)

I'm thinking that might just not be a bad thing....

Discuss...

Last edited:
Sounds delicious! I'd watch to not render it too low and slow in cubes though, that yummy fat is what helps the hash fry up nice. Of course, I like my hash a little on the crispy side anyways so as to soak up the runny yolk in my over-medium eggs. Please post pics and results, you've got me curious, and hungry!

Since you will have soaked the salt out it seems to me it will work. I once had a similar idea and had the butcher grind the corned beef, not thinking about the salt, and cooked it like we cook hamburger hash. Other than being too salty, it worked.

try with a mustard base hot sauce, reg bbq sauce , in my opinion, did not go as well...also I have mixed in some kraut-potato--onion.. and put back in smoker..now we are talkinig!

That sounds pretty good to me LM. What time is breakfast? :-D

Back