Apple and Cherry

M

MiamiQ

I planning on have some ribs this weekend. I usually use an apple and hickory mix. But I've been told to use a apple and cherry mix. I think it would give the ribs an overpowering sweet flavor, or should I just choose one or the other. :?:

I planning on have some ribs this weekend. I usually use an apple and hickory mix. But I've been told to use a apple and cherry mix. I think it would give the ribs an overpowering sweet flavor, or should I just choose one or the other. :?:

They're both a light sweet smoke, won't notice them mixed together.
Go with Hickory and one or the other.

YMMV. :cool:

Cherry adds a lovely smoke ring, and a light flavor that is very nice. I really liek a Cherry/Pecan combo, although there's nothing worng with keeping Hickory in the mix and going Cherry/Hickory.

my standard smoke wood is a mix of 2 parts mesquite to 1 part each of apple and cherry. love it on pork, chicken and even a limited number of fish and beef dishes - depending upon the amount of smoke I want.

MiamiQ, I just did 3 slabs of ribs in my FCE100 last night and I used cherry pellets and they turned out great. I even used XXX cherry rub to give them a nice cherry flavor.

Trucky9754
SM009
FEC100

Back