Food Grade UDS Barrels

D

DucksPhan

I have a guy that I can get food grade UDS barrels from. He says they are sprayed with a rust inhibitor, Thats not the same as a liner right? He says it should burn out very easily. They held some sort of soy lithium food product at one time, but are pretty much new barrels. Any one know about this?

I'd go and have a look at them, if the "rust inhibitor" is a flat primer color, it will burn out fairly easy, but if its a glossy enamel/epoxy finish it will be more of a hassle to get rid of. If they are all you can find and they are free-go for it. If not hold out for unlined drums.

Lithium Information from Drugs.com
May 16, 2008 ... Lithium is used to treat the manic episodes of manic depression - hyperactivity ... Includes lithium side effects, interactions and indications.:shock:
Whhhhhhoooo Hewwwwwwwwwwww!! don't burn it just cook and take that free ride back to the 60's baby!
28jfckz.gif

I'd go and have a look at them, if the "rust inhibitor" is a flat primer color, it will burn out fairly easy, but if its a glossy enamel/epoxy finish it will be more of a hassle to get rid of. If they are all you can find and they are free-go for it. If not hold out for unlined drums.

They are $20 each. The guy said they are "sprayed" with a rust inhibitor. I would think a lined barrel would be a little more than sprayed right?

I just got off the phone with a different supplier much closer to me and they have unlined open top barrels. I dont really need the locking lid device, but im sure I may get one anyway. Im picking up 2 barrels this Friday.....then building the UDS's next week hopefully.

Anyone know where these can be found in fort worth or dallas??

it probably is lithium lubricant, but im not sure if that is food grade

They said it was some sort of soy lithium food product that was stored in the barrel, and the inside of the drum was sprayed with a rust inhibitor. I wouldnt think a liner would be spray on would it?

They said it was some sort of soy lithium food product that was stored in the barrel, and the inside of the drum was sprayed with a rust inhibitor. I wouldnt think a liner would be spray on would it?
My Drum had a sprayed on rust inhibitor coating, wasn't hard to get off, burned it real well and then rotary wire brushed.

I cant do any wire wheeling or wire brushing due to breathing problems. I can only hope if I get one with sprayed on rust inhibitor that it burns off.

This is a big bump...

I just got a barrel, lid, and lock ring for $5. It held High Fructose Corn Syrup. The inside has a light brown color. It appears to be sprayed on. The seller said a lot of UDS' are made out of these, some get burned out, some don't. It's got a nice white paint job, and I'd like to not burn it.

What say the brethren?

Matt

pretty sure the light brown is a sprayed on epoxy... which would not be good eats.. can you post a pic for confirmation?

Back