• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pretzel Crusted Tri-Tip -Pics- Need thoughts

bowhnter

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My wife came up with a thought of using pretzels as a base for a rub for Tri Tips. It sounded odd to me, but tried it anyways.

Last night, due to the guests, we only went with basic ingredients. We like more heat and would add cayenne or Hoochie Mama, red pepper flakes, etc. when it's just us.

100_1780.jpg

100_1782.jpg

Of course, when I went to fire up the grill, it starts raining.

100_1785.jpg

The first 2 times, I went indirect first, but I am trying to get a crispier crust, so tried searing some at the beginning

100_1786.jpg

100_1800.jpg

Time to rest

100_1804.jpg

I love this stuff

100_1805.jpg

No sliced or plated pics from last night, but that's not the point anyway...

This pic is from the last time, and either way after resting the crust will be soggy. Is it even possible to get a crispier crust, and if so, how?

100_1739.jpg

Resting in foil? If I'm trying to save the crust using a cooling rack with just a loose foil tent makes a difference.

No, it's not resting in foil. Just loosely tented for 15 mins or so.

I have tried it with nothing, and a light mustard slather.

I don't think it can happen, but it's not bad anyway.

You can always deep fry it.:p

BTW, I think it looks great just the way it is. Great pics!

Hey Mike, I bet a couple quick blasts with your new weed burner would crisp those pretzel crumbs right up.:eek::biggrin::lol::lol:

Just kidding.:biggrin:

Hey Mike, I bet a couple quick blasts with your new weed burner would crisp those pretzel crumbs right up.:eek::biggrin::lol::lol:

You mean Kinda Kidding......

It would be cool to try it.....
:icon_shy

You mean Kinda Kidding......

It would be cool to try it.....
:icon_shy

:idea: I do need another use for it :biggrin:

I could just take the lid off and let the coals get super hot, and hit each side for a few seconds.

No matter what I do, I think I am stuck with this method cuz the wife really likes it...

Back