Best deal on Wicked Good?

That Job Lot stuff was so bad I returned all but the one bag I opened for examination. Glad to hear it's back to being, ahem, wicked good. :tsk:

I just got 4 pallets in today. I am taking a bag home and will shoot some pics so you guys can see for yourselves. The writing on the bag is in blue.

I see

like i said the writing on my bag that I just bought is green, and the product is fine. Thats why I am wondering if its real old, it does not look like it from the condition the bag is in.

I would like to know what the deal is with the different colors?

looking forward to your pics

Okay, I opened up a bag today after work and went through it pretty well. My impressions are that the charcoal looks good. There was a good percentage of big pieces. In the older bags, I do remember bigger pieces, but the big pieces were really good size, especially for ceramic cookers. The pieces seem to be longer though. Not that much powder and shake, but I doubt you are going to find too many bags with no powder. I am doing a long burn this weekend and will share my thoughts then on how it performs.

Last edited:
thanks!

between the bag and how it looks, I am convinced that I bought NOS (new old stock)

mine is large chucks for the most part, but more random shaped, like it was in the old days...so my store must still have some of the old stuff that was good!!!

;)

That's what my blue bag looks like. Did a bacon smoke tonight in my beast and used about 25% of the basket in 4 hours. Seems to burn good. Sparked a lot when I fired up the weed burner though. Old stuff didn't do that as much.

I did a test burn with the WG this weekend. Sorry no pics.

I had the Primo up to 210 at 7pm Friday evening. Put a couple 8lb butts on at 8pm. Had them off around noon the next day. The Primo stayed at temp until midday Sunday where it played out. That is about 40 hours. Not bad

Flavor as it always is with WG was very mild. Very clean burning fire. Thumbs up as far as I am concerned, but the true test will be to see if the quality stays consistent through several bags as it did in the past.

Thanks for the update. Got a bag of Kamado Joe last week to see the comparison. Hopefully as good since Ace decided to drop WG.

Rockwood lump is about the best i've ever use. Made in missouri the only place I know to get it is st.louis home fires

Back