Morels are popping!

boberosabbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My buddy found 18 greys last night. We fianlly got some rain. Got an evening with no softball practice going hunting tonight. Will post up picks if I find any.

Still too chilly here for them to be coming up. It may be too wet, also. It is supposed to be 80* on Sunday. That may be the day to start for us.

Got a dozen or two that always comes up behind the Fab Shop. Yum!!

We will be out next week, it might be early, but will be happy to find some pecker heads. Going to camp out over the next four days if our timing is right on this years crop.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of ya find too many, I'll give ya my address. Miss them since I moved from IL.

I saw people here in one of the forest preserves looking. They just pull of the road on one of the busiest streets in town and go into the woods.

I am free this weekend so I think I will be out.

How can you tell the difference between good mushrooms and bad ones?

We were on a fishing trip one year in upper Ohio by Mohican when we ran into some one looking vfor them and you would have thought we were in Tenn. and came across a still. If those boys would have had guns we might not be here since we discovered their patch.

How can you tell the difference between good mushrooms and bad ones?
Ya just pick 'em up and eat 'em.
If you don't start giggling and seeing things then they aren't the good ones!!!!:shock:

If you can't identify a mushroom with 100% certainty as the edible you are after you'd be a fool to eat it. Morels are hard to misidentify, but I'm sure some chucklehead has. You can die from eating the wrong mushroom. A friend of my parents did. With that aside,

I've found about 100 little greys so far. This weekend looks even better, weatherwise in my area, but that means more competition as well.

If you find too many Boberosa, I am just up the road.......lol
A co worker and I was just talking yesterday about the peckerheads should be poppin......maybe I will find time to get out and look when they arent shooting at the turkeys

Found 11 last night think we are about a week out till we get to big lot of em.

I'm gonna PM Solidkick and try to bribe him to swipe the ones from behind Spice's fab shop. :8):

Got some much needed rain up here last night. They should be out in a week.

Ah, which street in Urbandale is the busy one????
ModelMaker

I saw people here in one of the forest preserves looking. They just pull of the road on one of the busiest streets in town and go into the woods.

I am free this weekend so I think I will be out.

Back