View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #16
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Your food cost percentage shouldn't be based on your business model or how big your operation is, it should be based on your costs and the amount of profit you are happy with at the end of the day. 5% profit for gross sales of $200,000 is much smaller than on $2M gross sales.

What are you selling a pan of beans for? Sell price for pan of mac? Is 13lbs the raw or cooked weight? You calculated 50 rolls, or 2 per person. If I'm planning on 50 sliders, that's 2-2.5oz cooked meat per slider, or 8lbs cooked, 12lbs raw. If your costs are accurate, you may just be settling too high on your food cost percent. Dont under estimate the cost to operate a mobile business. I spend about $150-200 a week just on gas for my pick up and generator.

Also a note on your recipes, only accurate unit of measurement is weight, not teaspoons. My recipes are all calculated in grams. 28 grams in 1 oz, and 1 gram is always the same, a teaspoon of seasoning is not. Even the best scales will usually only weigh to the nearest eighth or quarter of an ounce, a gram is .03oz. By using weight my recipe is automatically ready to be costed since you cant buy spices by the teaspoon, always weight and almost always grams will be on the package.
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->