• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 2

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Are you ready for a "Pron Throwdown"...?

This weeks challenge is..."Pork"...:p

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Pork"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry max and one pic must contain the equipment cooked on.

The voting will begin on Tuesday...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

The winner (as determined by popular vote) will recieve a very special prize (not sure what yet...).

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

If you haven't submitted your "Beef Pron" for week 1...you have until I post the "Vote" thread...around 7:00 pm (Pacific) to do so...

Last edited:
The weekend will be here before you know it...don't forget your "Pork" for this weeks throwdown! :p

Now, I am assuming when we speak of Pork we will include or exclude the Rib portion of the pig? Just want to be clear on this.

Now, I am assuming when we speak of Pork we will include or exclude the Rib portion of the pig? Just want to be clear on this.

If it comes from a pig, boar, hog, sow, piglett...etc...it's pork! :p

If you didn't do the beef throw down can you get in on the pork?

Pork Throwdown Entry -Stuffed Hoisen Pork Rouladen

Ok, inspired by Pickled Pig's Beef Spiedinis and someone elses tenderloin rouladen (sp?) I decided to try something new. Found some pork cube steaks at the local wally world. Took them, pounded them flat and seasoned with salt, pepper, a little rub and placed a scallion, zucchini strip and half piece of string cheese inside.
100_1332.jpg
Rolled it up tight and did that 4 more times, then sprinkled again with rub on all 4 sides.
Put em on the grill on medium low heat, then about 5 minutes before they were done, started glazing with a homemade hoisen bbq sauce inspired by Steven Raichlen's Primal Grill.
View attachment 18027
Sliced and served with steamed white rice and home grown kohlrabi from the garden.
100_1337.jpg

I call them Stuffed Hoisen Pork Rouladen. They turned out great.

Enjoy

Attachments

• 100_1338.jpg
    100_1338.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
How about putting dates in these, so we know what official monday-sunday you mean specifically.

So JD, what is the SpammyQ penalty for posting 5 pics instead of the alloted 3 pics??????
If your not careful everyone will start breaking the rules.

So JD, what is the SpammyQ penalty for posting 5 pics instead of the alloted 3 pics??????
If your not careful everyone will start breaking the rules.

Penalty Box!!!!

Hmmmm...you know how they say "it takes a village"...I'll let the "villagers" decide his fate...:twisted::twisted::twisted: Good luck spammy...:lol::lol::lol:

When posting Pic's of the equipment cooked on...do you mean the entire cooker or just the grill grates? Details, I need more details Scotty! :rolleyes:

When posting Pic's of the equipment cooked on...do you mean the entire cooker or just the grill grates? Details, I need more details Scotty! :rolleyes:

Ya know...it really doesn't matter. I thought it would be a good idea to show what you used to cook on...(ala Bobby Flay)...but it's more about the food. I'm pretty loose when it comes to enforcing my own rules! :lol::lol::lol: The grates or a general shot in the backgroung (ala Rick)...whatever works for you.

You must wiat for the "villager's" ruling...they may have a different fate in store for you! :twisted:

How many idiots can one village employ?

Dis villager sez let him out early for good behavior.

Spammy, good looking grub there!

Well, this was suppost to be just a nice lil dinner but came out pretty good soooooooo, heres my entry for pork since i'll be gnawing on beef all weekend! :wink:

Cooking on.....what else?? :lol: Notice TBS!

By imn88fan

Got a rack of spares at the store for 99 cents a lb! Preseasoned but the price was right!

By imn88fan

Glazed with Sansonetti's Michigan Cherry sauce......farken fantastic with the Pecan smoke!

By imn88fan

I'll add a dinner plate shortly.
Nothin special but sure were yummy! :icon_smil

Back