A first for me.

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I work at a camp and conference center in the Sierras, and we always have different groups coming and going. So the other day there was a knock on the door and when my wife answers a young man asks if that thing in the yard was our smoker. She says yes, that is my husbands offset pit. He than said that his name was Jeremy, he is really into bbq and has a youtube channel dedicated to bbq. What are the odds that your husband would let me use his cooker. Anyway, my wife ends up connecting us later that day and of course I was willing to let him use it. That's why I have it. I wasn't going to use it last week and I would rather it be used than just sit. Long story short he did end up cooking 3 briskets on it, one of which he gave to me as a thank you. So I just thought I would share the story and the video with the brethren.

Just a couple of notes:

I know he mentions his target temp of 203 I think and like most of you folks I cook to "probe tender" not a temp, but his final product was really, really good.

#2 I know that pit looks like crap. But she cooks just as good or better than any pit I have ever cooked on or built. She is good old Uno. The first I ever built. Everything I have ever messed with as far as will this work or not has been done to her. Cut and re welded more times than I can count.

#3 I think Jeremy and I approach 'que in different ways but his brisket spoke for its self. Super nice guy and I would let any of my pits again.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4jPFDJdU94&t=139s"]Surprise Brisket Cook - YouTube[/ame]

That's cool. I've been subbed to Jeremy's channel for a while and think he puts out pretty good videos. Also that's super generous of you to let another man run your pit.:thumb:

Thanks for posting this, Josh. I cook with charcoal and smoke wood that I bought on cookers that came from a store. You cook with wood that you chopped yourself on a smoker you built from scratch. It's people like you that keep me humble.

Thanks for posting this, Josh. I cook with charcoal and smoke wood that I bought on cookers that came from a store. You cook with wood that you chopped yourself on a smoker you built from scratch. It's people like you that keep me humble.

In full disclosure. I do size, and split all the wood but the only that I harvest myself is my oak. the rest my friend gives me and I just cut, split and stack.

Back