July 20-21 Contest

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm too late to get into Peculiar, MO contest.

I know a bunch of folks will be at Glasgow, MO. Is that contest still open for teams?

Anyone going to Burlington, KS? Know anything about that comp?

yes there is still room at Glascow I just talked to him and and sent the money today. to go there

I have heard only good stuff about Glasgow. Burlington KS is a ways out there.... that would take a serious gas bill to get there.

Glasgow Rocks! Mr. Himmelburg and Dr. Jones have worked their humps off to get this contest going. They've added a Kids Que on Saturday 10:30 ground meat, a breakfast for the teams. VERY cooker friendly, If you don't go, you won't know.

I have heard only good stuff about Glasgow. Burlington KS is a ways out there.... that would take a serious gas bill to get there.

Google Maps says that its 114 miles to Burlington and 99 to Glasgow for me.

Chit Andy, you are driving a couple hundred miles to Bellevue. :shock: I looked at that one for about two seconds. Would love the contest, would hate the gas bill. Unless someone hauled me and my FE to Nebraska. :twisted: Say maybe someone with a toy hauler. :twisted::twisted:

Anyone going to Burlington, KS? Know anything about that comp?

Todd, we went to Burlington last year and are going back this year. It's a nice small, laid back contest, very cooker friendly. Not a contest to get rich at with total prize money of about $3000, but not bad either for a small contest. Also, the $125 entry includes electricity (available at 36 sites). The entry also covers the 4 categories, plus dessert, sausage, cooks choice, and they have added kids que this year. There will probably be around 30 teams there.

Andy, Burlington, KS is about the same distance as Osage City, maybe a small bit further. It is due south about 30 to 45 minutes. You sure you aren't thinking of Burlington, Colorado?

Google Maps says that its 114 miles to Burlington and 99 to Glasgow for me.

Chit Andy, you are driving a couple hundred miles to Bellevue. :shock: I looked at that one for about two seconds. Would love the contest, would hate the gas bill. Unless someone hauled me and my FE to Nebraska. :twisted: Say maybe someone with a toy hauler. :twisted::twisted:
If you are game.... I bet I could fit it in, and you could ride up with me....

Andy, Burlington, KS is about the same distance as Osage City, maybe a small bit further. It is due south about 30 to 45 minutes. You sure you aren't thinking of Burlington, Colorado?

Well I thought it was further from osage than that... But for you guys coming from BS and PH in missouri... it is a little bit of a haul. It's just over an hour for me. Bellevue is about 3 hrs for me - but you can't stop the HoDeSparkle Heads from decending on NE.

As an aside.... if you think showtime is fun - there is a place on border there across the bridge. It must not be in a state, because I don't think they care about any laws:shock: :twisted: The Playhouse. (sticking with the movie/theatre theme I guess)

Well I thought it was further from osage than that... But for you guys coming from BS and PH in missouri... it is a little bit of a haul. It's just over an hour for me. Bellevue is about 3 hrs for me - but you can't stop the HoDeSparkle Heads from decending on NE.

As an aside.... if you think showtime is fun - there is a place on border there across the bridge. It must not be in a state, because I don't think they care about any laws:shock: :twisted: The Playhouse. (sticking with the movie/theatre theme I guess)

Where on the border? Lawlessness like in the old west is intriguing! :lol:

Where on the border? Lawlessness like in the old west is intriguing! :lol:

Come to Bellevue and find out. I'm sure Andy's brother-in-law Matt would be a willing host!!:twisted:

Aside from the drive this is really an excellent contest!

Come to Bellevue and find out. I'm sure Andy's brother-in-law Matt would be a willing host!!:twisted:

Aside from the drive this is really an excellent contest!

Can't... cooking Peculiar, MO that weekend. But I do want to come up and check it out sometime.

Back