My appreciation...

Digi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have never considered paying a subscription to ANY site, and after 3 months I realized that I'm not going anywhere... On Sunday I determined it's time to "pay my dues" so to speak, and it's all due to the people here and knowledge they have to offer. I have never seen so may individuals that are so eager to help you when you have some sort of problem, have a general question, boast about your cook, or just BS about the day or experience you had.

I had no clue as to what to do when smoking before I came to this site, and every cook that I've done in the past 3 months has gotten nothing but compliments... all thanks to you guys. I am extremely happy to be a "contributing" member of this board now...

That is all... :biggrin:

Brian

You wont regret it subscription the info the pron the Camaraderie it all fun and good!

I look at it like this; I am only contributing to keep "the doors open", so to speak. There is such a wealth of knowledge here, and when you couple that with the genuine commoradarie of the "brethren", who would not want to join and contribute? Someone has to pay the bills to keep the site alive, why not me, and you and you and you...?

Thanks for being proactive about enjoying the best damn site on the net! And thanks to Phil and all the mods for their selfless hours of dedication.

Agreed. I just signed up for a second year of the addiction. I've never seen another board when the members were as genuinely helpful and friendly as this one.

Yeah it's allright:biggrin:. Gotta remember Bubba comes with the pakage.

Agree! I Gladly stepped up and paid. Great place to feed the need.

It is worth every penny that we contribute to be a member of this site. The rewards are amazing, you can't beat it.

I'd love to subscribe but am having technical difficulties. :redface:
(do not want to use paypal)

On my second year as well... I've been queuing for years for my family, friends, even NASCAR... I've learned more here than I did on my own the previous 15 years...

Thanks to all! (Even Bubba...)

On my second year as well... I've been queuing for years for my family, friends, even NASCAR... I've learned more here than I did on my own the previous 15 years...

Thanks to all! (Even Bubba...)
It's this great guy that finally pushed me over the edge. Thanks Jeff!

You get spoiled in a hurry here. After being on this board, all the others seem filled with angry people with an axe to grind rather than looking to help a fellow out. I gladly ponied up and will happily do it again when the time comes to keep this going...

I lurked for about four months. Then subscribed for two years.
Congrats on your decision Digi.
You'll learn more than you need to here. Great people and excellent advice.

Weiser

I aswell like this site very much...:), Maybey i have missed the way to donate without using paypal, is there a way we can do a money order?

I'm sure there is a way....if you pm (private message) bbqchef33, dat's da boss, he should be able to help you. Thanks everyone for doing this. Every small amount helps and that keeps us all here and together. Scott

I paid up after about 3 months, and have considered it money very well spent. Now, not only do I have the knowledge and support of Q'ers across the country (and world), I'd consider every one of them friends. And, have even met a few of them in person...Yes, even Bubba. I've seen people with shirts, hats, and banners with the flaming pig Brethren Logo and they are all displayed like a badge of honor.

-Scott
Proud member or the Brethren

I too lurker here for some time before deciding to cough up the cash to become a full fledged member of this country club.

I love this site and have never been treated better on any of the other forums I visit..or even the one I am an admin at.

Easliy the best money I have spent...other than for quality meat!

Thanks for the nice comments folks! We started out as the Bandera Brethren when many of us had Bandera cookers and was trying to learn how to make them more efficient. the site was already up and running for about a month when I came along, looking for help with my new purchase. My first cook, burned all the charcoal and wood I had and was just getting to 150* internal meat temp. LOL I needed help! These original guys here took me under their wing, and in no time I'm turning out great Q.

We've grown so much! I used to welcome every new member, I just can't anymore...there are so many posts a day just trying to touch base with them gets to be a job. There are 6-8 of us that try to keep things in order, plus a dozen or more that brings a questionable post to light if we miss something.
Phil started a wonderful thing here, I learned what I know from here, and last year had the privilege of cooking the American Royal Invitational.

So, thanks again for your comments, they are appreciated.....and in no time you'll be old hands at this and be helping new cooks....that seems to be the cycle here, and I'm proud to be part of it!
Kick

Back