Stump's Smokers

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone have and compete with a Stump's? Most specifically the one I am going to buy - the GF223. I have already made up my mind to buy it, I am looking for tips on how to maximize its use.

Tony I'm sure you have checked out the forums on the stumps site, right. Lots of info there and some of the members have the model you want, now they have that model with one less rack for competitions, you can do all four categories at the same time, called the gf222cm

hrchdog said:
Tony I'm sure you have checked out the forums on the stumps site, right. Lots of info there and some of the members have the model you want, now they have that model with one less rack for competitions, you can do all four categories at the same time, called the gf222cm

Yeah, I saw the competition model and it seems to be great for comps, but for 200 bucks more I can get the 223 with more space for those massive cooks I plan to do. :lol: I will check out the forums on their site. I think I may have lurked there but I have spent any quality time there - I have been kinda loyal to other boards. :-D I will check them out today.

The posts I see are from Happy owners
The guys on the Stump Board are helpful
I am considering one

I have a gf223 and gf222cm and have used both in competition, I bought the 222 for ease of moving around, loading and unloading . I only take one and if the butts or Brisket are not ready when ribs go on it is no problem because my temps are the same and I can use different wood flavor on ribs cause brisket and butt are wrapped by then . I like to cook my chicken a lot hotter so I use something else for chicken. I am going to fine tune my timing and see if I can put chicken on bottom rack(hotter) while ribs are still on and see how that works. I normally use a 16x16x2 pan on bottom rack to catch drippings so I have easy clean up. I might raise pan to next rack up and cook chicken under it on bottom rack so ribs won't drip on chicken and maybe keep it hotter below pan than above it.
Walt

Back