Found some Brethren in Florida.....

aquablue22

Babbling Farker
So today is our little town of Venice, Florida we had the Suncoast BBQ Bash. Ran into Brethrens Mike and Dan from RubMeTender, here's a picture of their rib turn in box, their ribs and pulled pork where out standing. Their new restaurant in Clearwater will be a big hit serving Q this good. And then as we're leaving the festival they have a tent set up with all these green thingys sitting around and guess who we see? Anyway great time had by all.:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 119
looks like a great time!

Glad to see pics of the brethren in action (yes even the good Doctor )

I'm confused. Rub Me Tender is the name of John Ford's team, out of Michigan.

I'm confused. Rub Me Tender is the name of John Ford's team, out of Michigan.

KCBS lists four teams with that name, none in Florida:

BBQ Team names database lists none: http://www.bbqteamnames.com/Teams_interface/Names/results_page.asp

and when you google "rub me tender" the team in Fla, has the number one spot.

Just a reminder to do your homework when you select a name for your team. :thumb:

AquaBlue - Sorry that we missed you at the event. We were sandwiched between the elephant ear vendor and another team. What a great event for the first year. I would bet there were 15K-20K people that came out. Hats off to the organizer on a very successful event.

I think that the fine people of Venice can definitely expect to see this event grow. I would say at least 50-60 total teams next year. There is plenty of space and it was obvious that the town supported it and all was for a great cause.

After seeing the picture of our rib box, I completely understand my score now. That looks terrible. What was I thinking?
I agree with Whiskey Bent on the contest turnout. It'll be huge next year. I know it was said there were 4-5k out there, but there was easily twice that many people. Awesome venue as well. Can't get much better than being able to see where the beach is from your site.

We were just in Venice over Spring Break. Stayed in Siesta Key, but spent a couple days in Venice looking for sharks teeth. Would love to combine our annual spring trip to FL with this contest. Looks like a lot of fun

. Will it be keeping the same weekend next year?

I am not sure what Don's plans are for the date of the event next year but I think this weekend was good because it didn't conflict with any other events and it is still pretty safe that it isn't going to be too hot and humid down here.

Back