Restaurant Depot

T

The Pickled Pig

I did a little recon trip to the new RD that opened yesterday here in KC. The experience exceeded my expectations. They have a much broader and deeper selection of quality food than the typical warehouse stores.

The meat looked good and the selection and variety was impressive. The prices were good too:

13/15 Shrimp - 7.24/lb
Select Ribeyes - $3.99/lb
Choice Ribeyes - $5.30/lb
Angus Ribeyes - $5.70/lb
Angus Brisket - $1.84/lb
Pork Butt - $.99/lb

They had a few cuts that I've not seen before but am now eager to see what they're all about. And of course they have all kinds of food service equipment and supplies too.

They sell most things by the case but for everything I recall, you could purchase a single unit of an item for a slightly higher price. Their single unit price beat Sam's and Costco's bulk price on all of the items I checked. I can see dropping a few pennies in there on a regular basis.

If you register online, you get a $25 coupon. The registration is free but you'll need a sales tax certificate or business license. Make sure and where a jacket. The walk-in cooler is quite nipply.

I love RD...

Mine has jackets on hooks by the door to the walk-in...

Hey Paul, ours has jackets, I have also found that thier prices will go up and down much like Sams. I have found Sams to be very comparable on meat to our RD. Just keep an eye on them. It is a cool place just to go look around though!!

You also can get the membership through a not for profit organization eg. Rotary...

Shop there all the time for BBQ Comps and for the Ridgefield Rotary Club events...

Yes the orange jacket is a must in the cooler section. Quality is good but they don't always have things in stock especially Sundays...

Overall a good experience and signifigant savings.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

If you do not have a tax id number or sales tax number to register as a business you can get a 1 day pass but you have to pay cash . You can do this as often as you like or until they realize it whichever comes first.

We have 2 RDs that I use here on LI but I never noticed jackets being available;
ties yes, but no jackets.........
Wes all of the ones here on the Island have jackets. They are neon orange and typically hanging on a rack on the side of the automatic doors that lead in to the refrigerated rooms

You can go online and register your email address and the 1st of every month they send you a flyer of the specials in your area. There specials typically run through the 15th of every month.

RD in STL requires jacket and tie. They supply the jacket if you forget it. You could also go deer hunting in the jacket.

Codet%20Bl%20Orange%20Jacket%20484.jpg

For some reason and I am not sure why but Mrs Sledneck doesn't like it when I go there

I've got to admit that I've never been bothered by the cold at RD... I'm just to struck by the pricess... Last time I was there I got a case of corned beef (3 packers) for the price I would have paid for two at Sams...

I've got to admit that I've never been bothered by the cold at RD... I'm just to struck by the pricess... Last time I was there I got a case of corned beef (3 packers) for the price I would have paid for two at Sams...

I hadn't seen a corned beef packer until today. The stores around here seem to stock partial flats and points only. If I recall correctly, the case price on the corned beef packers was less than $2/lb.

I think I toss a C/B Packer every other time I fire up the Lang... People around here are willing to pay over $15 a cooked pound... I figure it costs me about $6 to produce the same amount... Gotta love a store that gets you a good profit margin

They have great babybacks real meaty............Go there all the time. Their meat is better here in cincy than any thing elase in cincy.

Back