Windy City Rib Classic

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Technically, not a full blown comp, but a local rib challenge

Anybody else heading down to check this out today? I see at least one Brethren is competing. http://www.windycityribclassic.com/ . And I think a number of others will be in attendance as well.

Ribs only, (edit, looks like maybe chickens also) wood/charcoal only doesn't look like pellets or temp control devices are allowed. Looks like a decent way to spend a day. Might have had to do it ourselves if health had permitted :sad:. Maybe next year.

I think we'll head down in a few hours and see what's doin'

So....congrats to brethren BillM for 1st place chicken, and 3rd place sauce! We had a great time, but had to leave before the awards. Anybody have the full award list?

For a first time, rib only event, this looked like a (largely) well run show. There were some snafus with who the judges were, what turn in windows were exactly, and when the awards were, but all in all, a beautiful setting, right off the lake. Had health been better, I think this would have been a fun one to do, but I'm glad we were able to get down there and see some freinds we haven't seen most of the summer!

Hopefully we can do it next year if they do a repeat!

Uncle Bub's had 2nd place chicken and 3rd place ribs...

It was a ribs, chicken, and sauce comp which overall wasn't bad for a first year. Brethren Bogyo's Mojo took 1st place in sauce, BillM of Heads Red took second (sorry for the Spoiler Dan :wink:) and a very exciting 1st in Chicken. Congrats Bill.

Congrats to all that walked. I was in Libertyville this past weekend and if I had known this was going on, I would have stopped by the check it out.

Ya the people that put up the event was a BBQ company in Chicago called Rub. There place is like Western and little past Prat. Ya I will for sure do it next year. I was told about it to late in the game to set up for it. Gratz who all was there.

Husky Hog BBQ.

Special thanks to Dan (Cmohr74) for helping me out at this cook..a good percentage of that chicken win was due to his exceptional chicken butchering skills (since we were handed for whole chickens to cook along with 5 slabs of ribs) and last minute glaze idea...
It was a fun contest although venue was a bit tight and not too accomodating for larger vehicles ..but couldnt beat the excellent view of the lake

Thanks....who won ribs, sauce,sides?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
there was no sides ..the sides you saw were for the potluck dinner afterwards

Southern Krunk won 1st in ribs..and Bogyos Mojo won 1st place sauce..we had 2nd sauce..not 3rd

Back