• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. O'town BBQ Showdown, Ottumwa Iowa, June 11-12

We are signed up and praying for no parking lot flooding this year:becky:

They cashed my check, so I must be in....right?
And DON'T set up next to the tippy canoe- that spot was like the raging river ride at adventureland!

They cashed my check, so I must be in....right?
And DON'T set up next to the tippy canoe- that spot was like the raging river ride at adventureland!

Wow, you gotta elaborate. The image that comes to my mind is downright terrifying! :shocked:

130.JPG

http://tippycanoebbqcrew.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html
:-D
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QLQnCDrbAPs/Sj5R1-0onNI/AAAAAAAAABk/m8UhF8JKVYE/s320/130.JPG

I'm out of pellets and I won't have time to get any more before the comp. Does anyone going to Ottumwa have 20 lbs of BBQers Delight pellets that I can buy from you? Hickory would be best - but beggars can't be choosers! :thumb: I can buy Traeger pellets locally, but I don't want to use them at a comp.

I'm out of pellets and I won't have time to get any more before the comp. Does anyone going to Ottumwa have 20 lbs of BBQers Delight pellets that I can buy from you? Hickory would be best - but beggars can't be choosers! :thumb: I can buy Traeger pellets locally, but I don't want to use them at a comp.

Do they sell them at Hawgeyes Nate? If so, I've gotta make a stop there this week and could pick some up for you.

Nate, I will pick up your pellets on Mon or Tues night and send some to Ottumwa. I got pellets for Spanky to, so maybe I can send some with him.

If you haven't seen King of Kong I recommend watching prior to going to Ottumwa.

Are they having the Thursday night buffet?

I've seen it. Great movie. Can I ask why it should be seen before Ottumwa? Am I missing a trash talking moment?:heh:

Little history of the town is all. And now they are trying to be video game capital of the world.

I'll be coming down after our catering at the World Pork Expo on Friday.

Nate, if those pellets show up in time I'll bring ya some!
We're gonna head down thursday afternoon-hopefully we'll make it down in time for the dinner!

Ya'll can have my Thurs dinner tickets. Nice idea, but I'd rather see bigger payouts or lower entry fees. How many teams show up on Thursday?

Didn't do the dinner last year so I can't say!
I'm not good enough yet to concern myself with the payouts yet either...:cry:
They are a little on the high side for the entry!

Didn't do the dinner last year so I can't say!
I'm not good enough yet to concern myself with the payouts yet either...:cry:
They are a little on the high side for the entry!

That's my point. Keep the costs down as most teams won't get to take advantage of a catered Thursday night event.

EDIT: Oh, and you ARE good enough.

Back