• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Where do I get the domed top for a 55gal UDS

Hit craigslist or yard/rummage sales looking for a 22 1/2" Weber Charcoal grill. If you can't find one on the cheap...you can call Weber direct and order a brand spankin' new lid for under 50 bones.

Hit craigslist or yard/rummage sales looking for a 22 1/2" Weber Charcoal grill. If you can't find one on the cheap...you can call Weber direct and order a brand spankin' new lid for under 50 bones.

That's great advice.

Another point worth mentioning is that a kettle lid may or may not fit your drum well. You might need to beat the lip out flat and mold it back around your drum. I have also seen people use the big lots kettle grill lid.

I used the Wal-mart version and you get the grill as well. Too late now, but they were on clearance last year for 20.00, and i bought the 3 left.:thumb:

That's great advice.

Another point worth mentioning is that a kettle lid may or may not fit your drum well. You might need to beat the lip out flat and mold it back around your drum. I have also seen people use the big lots kettle grill lid.

Creating a flange works as well(although more time consuming). All you have to do is cut out the lip from the bottom of the grill and place it inside the drum, and it fits pretty nicely(might need to use high temp gasket rope, like i did).

I got a Kingsford kettle a couple of years back on sale and it's lid fits my drum PERFECT. I had been using my Weber lid, but it was a tad small, so one side was a little high, not really seated over the lip. It worked ok, though.

Check your local metal dump daily, never know what might show up.....:thumb:

I picked up two used kettle knock offs for cheap and they fit the barrels I gor for free perfectly.

img_6549.jpg

Back