• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breaking In The Weber 26--Mother's Day--Pork Carnitas--Live Cook

When I bought Jill's big weber it arrived with a chipped bowl, warrantied it right off but no way this happened in shipping. They need to step up the QC on these.

Nice tacos Sako!

Looking good! Yes, Weber "quality" is declining. The legs and the way they get attached suck. Lids don't fit tight like they used to. etc.

Great looking carnitas. If you had 5 acres of cilantro next door like we do you could go a bit heavier on the green stuff. We love it but know many aren't that crazy about cilantro.

I'm seriously considering selling some grills just to make some room on the deck & purchasing a 26". Not excited to hear about the quality concerns though, both my Performer purchased a few years ago & gold kettle had out of round lids, looks like it hasn't gotten any better.

I'm seriously considering selling some grills just to make some room on the deck & purchasing a 26". Not excited to hear about the quality concerns though, both my Performer purchased a few years ago & gold kettle had out of round lids, looks like it hasn't gotten any better.

I bought a 26 last year. Had to order a replacement bowl as it had a few chips in the porcelain. The replacement was perfect and I have been happily cooking away ever since. LOVE the 26.75 kettle! The thing with Weber... although it may be a hassle, you’ll end up with a great product even if it takes an attempt or two :)

Sorry to see that you had QC issues, but happy to see that you over came them and produced a killer looking cook. Bravo!!

I’m in no way tKing up for anyone’s QC failures but I will say a 26 is a pretty handy tool. One you forgive and forget a little, you’ll really enjoy it. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Kevin!

Pretty much. I know Weber handles their problems really well. It was just that there was too many on this one. I emailed them now so we shall see.

Those are some serious Taco's Neighbor!

Love how much more room there is in the 26" I would love to have one but am downsizing to move - sold two grill's already

Thanks brotha! Well, priorities. :tsk:

After only one cook I thought why didn't have this from the get go? Loving it.

Another fantastic cook in the books Sako, good luck with the warranty.

Thanks Marty!

Nice!
I'm surprised on both of your kettles, you use the SNS directly under the top exhaust vent.
Is that only for indirect grilling, or do you run them the same when smoking?

Back 25+ yrs ago I had many problems with Weber kettles. No internet back then. No store help.
Since then I only buy the 14" smokey's to build mini wsm's for friends and family.

I suppose that's how they ended up for the pic for smoking I always have the exhaust over the meat and opposite the SnS. Though I did have the exhaust directly over the SnS on this cook to direct most of the heat out asap to help for a nice long simmer.

Weber is very good for the most part but this one had a few too many issues. Sent them an email today.

Agree about the drip pan not being the right size for the 26. I found the same when I ordered the combo for mine too - it should fit right.

Yup! I was surprised until I went and reviewed my order to make sure they sent me the right pan. Turns out there is only on sized drip pan. :noidea:

When I bought Jill's big weber it arrived with a chipped bowl, warrantied it right off but no way this happened in shipping. They need to step up the QC on these.

Nice tacos Sako!

Thanks Norm!

Yep! No way the replacement bowl was damaged during shipping. It was secured and absolutely no damage to the box but still had a bend and enamel cracked handle. You figure they'd check the replacement part for damages prior to putting it in the box. Don't know who's in charge in QC.

I meant after one cook I already love it and they do stand behind their product but I don't feel like I warrantying more than one part right out of the box. After all the annoyance it's still worth it. You'll def like it.

Great looking carnitas. If you had 5 acres of cilantro next door like we do you could go a bit heavier on the green stuff. We love it but know many aren't that crazy about cilantro.

Thanks Randy!

I'd love to have that problem. I can eat boatload of cilantro and I substitute parsley with it all the time.

Looking good! Yes, Weber "quality" is declining. The legs and the way they get attached suck. Lids don't fit tight like they used to. etc.

Yup! Chipped bowls, out of round lids, out of round ash catcher assembly that doesn't fit right, bend legs, rubber fitting on the front leg falling right out... :laugh:

That food looks great to me.

Weber does have great CS but you are right, the quality is not like it used to be. I used to be a huge Weber fan and still own several but I don't use them much anymore. Hopefully you get everything ironed out with the grill.

That food looks great to me.

Weber does have great CS but you are right, the quality is not like it used to be. I used to be a huge Weber fan and still own several but I don't use them much anymore. Hopefully you get everything ironed out with the grill.

Thanks Monte!

Most definitely. They're service is top notch but it's still annoying to have to work you multiple problems on a new cooker.

Back