Contest Announcment 3rd Annual Shenandoah Valley Autumnfest

It's our hometown event so we will move our pit 1/2 mile down the road for sure. I just spoke to the fairground, still plenty of room but it might max out at some point. We are going to throw 50 or so halves of chicken on the pit for the teams after the cooks meeting, might even tap a keg if we get enough teams signed up to help us drink it!

I notice there is a Comfort Inn next to the fairgrounds. Is it feasible to walk back and forth from the comp to the hotel? Wife doesn't like sleeping in chairs. :-?

I notice there is a Comfort Inn next to the fairgrounds. Is it feasible to walk back and forth from the comp to the hotel? Wife doesn't like sleeping in chairs. :-?

Yes, it's very close. Teams set up around the track so depending on where your spot is you could be within a hundred yards or so. There is a gate you have to go through, might want to make sure the organizers have it unlocked so u can walk through.

One of my guys stayed there two years ago. It's very close, however the gate on that side of the property remained locked. So he had to walk out the main entrance and around to get to the hotel which tripled his walking distance. But it's good for you.

Only hotel I've ever been to that when we walked up, there were two hunters outside skinning squirrels.

Back