• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st ever Chuckie in my new WSM-PrON!!!

ozlites

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Second cook on the WSM, this time I saw a nice little chuck roast on sale at the Krogers and decided to take it on...

This was my first ever attempt at a chuckie and after some researching on what other Brethren posters had done, i took some of what I saw, mixed it up and fired the WSM up.

I wanted to make it easy, and this worked out rather well on my first attempt, it came out tender enough to pull and to slice.

Started by brushing the roast with some olive oil and sprinkling some Montreal Steak seasoning and waited till the WSM hit 225f...

I used K blue charcoal and a small mesquite log.

Once I got to temp, i put the chuckie in the WSM and waited until it hit 165f.

Once I hit that marker, I had a roast pan in which I had cut up some yukon gold potatoes, carrots, onion and added a can of beef broth.
I just put the chuckie on top of it and covered with foil.

Made sure my mesquite was all burned off as I did not want the veggies to take on the mesquite smoke taste.

I increased the temp to 275f and waited until it hit 195F, pulled it out and just put in my cold oven to rest for 45 minutes.

It came out great, nice smoke ring and tender.

The whole process took about 7 hours from start to plate.

I sliced it up to eat for supper with my wife and the rest I pulled and threw it back in with the potato/carrot mix and will enjoy later!

Last edited:
The only way to improve on that would have been to beat the crap out of Robin Ventura. Nice eats!

LOFL!!!

I didn't know Mr. ryan was a beef proprietor now! Funny. Congrats on your first-and a success one at that-chuckie! They're good eats man.

Back