Which Food Slicer

samfsu

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a food slicer and could use some help deciding.

I am looking at the Chef's Choice 609 or the Chef's Choice 615.

The major difference is the 120 watt vs 100 watt motor. The price is also a large diff, $75 for the 609 and $130 for the 615.

Do any of you have either of these and could you recommend either?

Thanks!

Common subject here.
Here is a short thread from a couple of days ago that refers to a similar and GREAT thread from a couple of days before that.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147215&highlight=slicer

Bottom line is that there are a lot of reasonable quality "home" slicers out there.
One needs to shop for price, availability, and follow the reviews here and elsewhere.

Good Luck in your search.

TIM

True Tim but those threads really didnt compare these two models.. Hopefully someone who has used the 615 can chime in. Trying to decide if the extra 50 is worth it.

Get the most power available. I have a friend that has a 100 watt slicer that really struggles with cheese and some meats. I have 120 watt slicer (not these brands) that preforms better than his.

I have never used the "Chef's Choice" models so I can't compare them.

I will only say that; think of the slicer as a tool. You don't have to buy the most expensive slicer, but look for durability and yet powerful enough for practical use.

You can check local Hobart dealers and you can get factory rebuilt for about 1/3 of the normal price.

Also check craigslist.org for great deals as businesses close down.

Back