View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Talking Smoked brisket and pulled pork tamales w/ tons of pics

The wife and I made tamales today…I smoked a small pork butt and a brisket yesterday. I made pulled pork and pulled brisket out of both of them. Besides the burnt ends of course. We really don’t have a recipe for these but if you have questions I can try to answer them for ya. My wife just makes the sauces from her head and from what we have available. The masa I do from a recipe so I can post that if needed. One twist I did do was try a BBQ tamale…I chopped up burnt ends and put some BBQ sauce on them, next I put a pickled jalap in with some meat and rolled them up like any other tamale…Those where great!!!!

Well here are the pics and thanks for lookin. I will have to get back to you on a plated pic…We are done for the evening and I didn’t get one.

Fixins for the green sauce before the blender

fry up a little bit of onions in the oil before adding the blended sauce.

After the blender and a little bit of time in the saucepan, now comes the meat. Here is where we screwed up but not bad. We meant to put the pork in the green sauce but instead put the pulled brisket in…still came out great

masa and husks ready for the green tamales

On to the red sauce, same thing with the onion and oil then reconstitute some red chilies in water. Then blend

meat goes in

the work begins

Here is what ya get…we made a little over 9 dozen or so.

Here are some pics of the BBQ tamale….this thing was great. Next I want to find a corn tamale recipe those are the best. If we can’t find that we will make some cherry tamales…thanks for lookin

OOoops into the pot pics…this thing held 100 tamales

Thanks from: --->