**SPECIAL** Discussion Thread -> "Holiday Feasts, Brethren Style!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Official Entry and Such

This being the Holiday Feast TD, we had the occasion to cook, BBQ and Bake a true feast. It's entered under my handle but it's a joint entry. Toast & LuzziAnn (Team Paradise) and BIL aka Sledgehammer.

Please use this as TD shot. Ham, boudin, turkey, prime rib and sides:

2nqwjd5.jpg

See cook here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178108

Thanks for lookin' !

I did a brisket for Christmas dinner, I read a lot of threads about it, and it turned out great. Thank you.

My brisket with my homemade rub and a bacon blanket.

After 12 hours on the smoker and two hours resting.

It turned out perfect, and my helper thought so too.

Rotisserie Marinated Lamb Feast

Hey there Throwdown fans,

I have a surprise (for me) entry into the Holiday Feast TD (because I had no idea I would have a chance to cook).

Having skimmed the earlier entries, I see I am tossing this baby into a very deep pool. NICE JOB on those holiday cook sessions! Wow. I have a feeling that by participating on this site, our collective game is increased considerably.

Anyway, the Word of the Day for the 25th in our house was lamb, lamb, “ooh myyy” and lamb. Here’s my cook thread, and my entry shot for you here:

6.jpeg

Taaadaaaa! (for the site monitors)

Happy New Year guys, more fun awaits us in 2014!

--Jonny Rotisserie

Last edited:
Another official entry

Please accept this as an official entry in the Holiday Feast TD

I love the taste and overall first Brisket cook. Oakridge BBQ Black Ops rub is awesome and I credit the exceptional taste to them.

Full cook at:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178239

Please use this as the entry shot
View attachment 89362

Thanks for Lookin and Happy Holidays to all!
SD

Last edited:
Official entry.

Please accept my humble entry into the "Holiday Feasts, Brethren Style!" TD

Once a year I splurge on some USDA prime grade rib roast goodness and it just so happens during the holidays, so without further ado I present my Holiday feast.

It was slim pickens at Costco the best roast I could find was this 8 lb boneless roast.

I trimmed some of the fat cap off and did a 24 hr dry brine with 1/2 tsp kosher salt per pound.

No pics but I did a wet rub with black pepper, fresh garlic, granulated onion, paprika, cayenne, fresh rosemary, thyme and EVOO.

Because my roast was boneless I picked up a pack of beef back bones for the gravy stock.

Here's the roast.

And the feast (vote pic).

It was awesome, thanks for looking. :thumb:

Back