sounds awsome. Now i got to figure out how to do a fatty so i can try this

Awwwww, it's SOOOOO easy.
  1. Purchase Maple Sausage Roll
  2. Fire smoker or set up grill for indirect
  3. Unwrap Maple Sausage Roll
  4. Place on smoker/grill grate
  5. Smoke at 225-250 for 2 hours
TADAAAAA-----naked maple fatty!

Thanks for sharing!:cool: It's stuff like this, the kind of camaraderie that makes people want to share like this that makes this place so great.:thumb:

Thanks for posting your winning recipe! Will give it a shot one weekend!

I'm afraid to try this. I like Bush's out of a can and I'm afraid if I make this ill never eat the canned stuff again.

That is awesome that you shared this recipe wampus. I can't wait to try them.

This recipe is stellar! Stellar! I will be releasing my Baked Beans video and everyone is gonna throw rock at it thanks to you. It will simply be a quick and dirty "hotel Pan quantity" recipe to keep things simple but no where near the complex goodness you offer here. Congratulations man!!!!

So this recipe is officially DONE. This is the EXACT recipe that I submitted this past weekend at a competition in Franklin, IN in an "anything but" category and won 2nd Place!!! I know it's my secret recipe, but I'll share it with my fellow BRETHREN!!!!
IMG_2856.jpg

My brother suggested I title them "Over the Top Beans", but I like the more descriptive title:

Wampus's Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

Ingredients:
2 cans (15 oz) of cooked Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
4 slices of thick sliced bacon, chopped
1 lb maple fatty (smoked ahead of time), crumbled/diced
1 med onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper (I like orange or yellow)
1 can (21 oz) peach pie filling (run knife through can to cut up larger pieces into smaller pieces)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon BBQ Sauce
2 TBS worschestershire sauce
1/3 cup bourbon
1 lg clove garlic, minced
2 TBS yellow mustard
1 TBS rub (I like SM Sweet & Spicy)
1 TSP Ground Cayenne Pepper (OPTIONAL)

Directions:
-Smoke Fatty (can be smoked well before), crumble or dice
-Brown Bacon in skillet (about 1/2 way)
-Add onion & pepper - cook until just carmelized
-Slowly add bourbon & garlic - simmer until caramelized
-Remove from heat
-Add remaining ingredients to skillet, mix thoroughly
-Put in pan and place in smoker
-Smoke for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally (I smoke for 4 hours)

NOTE: I've had trouble finding Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon Sauce lately. I've substituted lately with any of these:
  • Famous Dave's Thick 'n Sassy
  • Big Butz Hot
I'd suggest anything with a bit of a snap to it. Blues Hog would be farkin great too, I'd probably add the cayenne if I used that.
The beans I won with this past weekend also had about 1 tsp of ground cayenne pepper in them, I've listed that as optional. If used without the cayenne, they're really not spicy beans at all, but have just a little zing to them.

I don't even like baked beans and I LOVE these!!! I'm gonna submit them to the Brethren Recipe Book soon.

ENJOY!!!

beans

Congrats Wampus. I wish I had stuck around to see you take that. It looked like a good turnout of teams there. Not so good for everything else.

Jason

Nice trophy! Congrats!!!

OK, I LOVE baked beans and this recipe is ab-so-lute killer Wampus. Muchisimo gracias mi amigo!

But...cayenne optional? Non, non! Mon frere. Cayenne is always mandatory (Just ask Redhot - she keeps cayenne in a salt shaker).:becky::becky:

I'm afraid to try this. I like Bush's out of a can and I'm afraid if I make this ill never eat the canned stuff again.

Be afraid.....be VERY afraid......:heh:

Seriously thanks for all the compliments everyone. All I ask is that you TRY THEM and let me know what you think. I've never created a recipe before, so this is a first. I'm pretty proud of 'em.:thumb:

excellent job on the placing, THANKS for the recipe. This has now replaced my 4th of July standard pit beans. :thumb:

The beans are on my Primo right now :becky: I can't wait to try 'em with some pulled pork this evening. I finished up a batch of our house BBQ sauce yesterday so, I used that instead of Famous Dave's. They look and smell farkin GREAT!

yep them beans are a winner...I had to make a little substituition , someone drank the last of my makers mark and all that i had in the house was JD honey....all my friends liked them.

I picked up a bottle of Maker's Mark yesterday and plan to whip up a batch of these bad boys to go alongside some meat for the family this evening. I'll let you know how they like them!

If these things taste half as good as they look, I'm gonna be in heaven at dinner time. When I poured that whiskey in the skillet with the bacon, onions, bell pepper and garlic, my nose had an 0rg@zm.

Thanks Wampus for sharing, I love baked beans and I am always looking for a new recipe. I cannot wait to try this one.

20110717_Beans_0348.jpg

Wampus, these beans out-shined everything else I cooked this weekend. They are farkin awesome. I couldn't duplicate your recipe exactly because of the barbecue sauce choices, but I used some of my own home-made Orange-Chipotle BBQ sauce which might have changed the flavor profile just a bit, but no matter... it was a huge hit at dinner tonight. This recipe has spawned another idea that I want to pursue and I'll let u know about that when it comes to be...

Thanks!

yep them beans are a winner...I had to make a little substituition , someone drank the last of my makers mark and all that i had in the house was JD honey....all my friends liked them.

Thanks for trying and commenting about em! Glad you enjoyed em as much as I do!!!:thumb:

20110717_Beans_0348.jpg

Wampus, these beans out-shined everything else I cooked this weekend. They are farkin awesome. I couldn't duplicate your recipe exactly because of the barbecue sauce choices, but I used some of my own home-made Orange-Chipotle BBQ sauce which might have changed the flavor profile just a bit, but no matter... it was a huge hit at dinner tonight. This recipe has spawned another idea that I want to pursue and I'll let u know about that when it comes to be...

Thanks!

SCHWEEET!!!

Thanks for posting back here and also the photo!:thumb:
I made up a batch (as requested) for a cookout my brother had yesterday. My wife said during dinner, "I always forget how good these are. You've made them so often that I take them for granted!!!"

PLUS.....they kinda looked like mine!
This is a photo of my turn in:
BEANS.jpg

Glad you both enjoyed em.

Last edited:
Sweet beans, got a good one of of my own but this looks better! Thanks for the recipe

Back