Anyone got a pork tenderloin recipe/technique that delivers good/tender/moist sliced tenderloin?

Lake Dogs

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
GBA (Ga. BBQ Assoc.) does a pork LOIN category vs. KCBS's brisket.

I can cook a tasty pork LOIN, but they're always dry. Ideas of
how long to cook at 250 degrees? Injection? Wrap? Any ideas to get it
moist?

*** my bad; said tenderloin earlier and is still in the subject line ***

Last edited:
Just don't cook it too long. If you are cooking it at 250 degrees there won't be too much carry over, so I would take it to 145 and let it rest. My preference is to cook it hotter and take it to 140 and let it rest. It will be 150 when you are ready to slice it.

As far as a recipe, I would brine it and give it a rubdown with a paste made of garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit for at least an hour, then grill it.

Good luck!

I agree with the above. Temp is key, most people are over cooking them. 140-45, I pull and rest. Maybe just a hint of pink left in the middle, hard to tell with all the juiciness.

That's Phunny...I cook my lOins to 125F internal.
Don't know whether it's got to do with size but I only have experience with the head of lOins which are small.
I normally soak them in a bath of homemade marinade that consist of an acid like balsamic vinigar or lime juice with a soya based BBQ marinade...

I like to marinade pork tenderloin in the following:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup EVOO
3 cloves of garlic (smashed)
1/2 tbsp ginger juice
red pepper flakes to taste

Marinade for at least an hour. With all of the soy sauce it pretty much works as a brine. I prefer to roast pork tenderloin instead of smoking it, I usually cook them on my Weber kettle at about 375 over a mix of lump, apple and cherry wood. I pull it off the grill between 135-40 internal.

Pork loin or Tenderloin? Different cooking techniques for each meat.

You know, I have it wrong, and you're right. Would be a:

Pork LOIN

They're wanting 8 lbs, minimum. That's what I had, and it had as part
of it the tenderloin...

Will 140-145 do it?

I definitely know I've been overcooking this baby, they're D R Y. Good,
but DRY.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I can use them. Attrill, good marinade recipe.

HEY Larry in Rocklin, you are right, it's not "cali'. I am in Elk Grove, we are practically neighbors.

Yeah, Pork loin is different. Larry's suggestion is a good one if they will allow you to stuff it. I would still brine it and cook it to 140, no more. Carry over will bring it up to 145 - 150.

Phubar... 125 for a pork loin?

You know, I have it wrong, and you're right. Would be a:

Pork LOIN

Ah - loin is definitely different. 140 or so is still the temp to shoot for, but I roast it at a lower temp (300-325). I like to stuff loin (diced apple, walnuts, and brown sugar) or wrap it in bacon. If in doubt about ANYTHING, just wrap it in bacon!

Back