Cancellations

Diva Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Do any of you charge a cancellation fee for catering jobs that were cancelled>?>

Cancellations need to be made in writing 10 days prior to event - Cancellations after that forfeit the deposit. We have also on occasion charged a reservation fee for holiday weekends that is non-refundable if the event is cancelled.

For events that require on-site work I need a non refundable deposit. I will try to work with them if there's a date change and I can book. I want 50% a month in advance to cover all my costs. At that point they are committed. If people won't give a deposit the you may turn down other jobs and then they just cancel.

Not considered a "fee".....you'll never get money from someone that hasn't already given you some.....so...absolutely a non refundable deposit...I'll send you a few catering policy templates if you'd like that show different scenarios for how and when deposits are returned or not returned.

Hi Diva,

My policy is writen on my contract. I require a $50 non refundable deposit to book the date. 30 days before I require a signed contract with a 50% depoait (includes the $50) . Cancellations between 30 and 14 days, I keep the $50 bucks and refund the rest. Once we hit the 14 day my contract states that I keep the depost.

This has never happened but I think I would refund any un-spent money

Terms of Payment:
Simply Marvelous BBQ Catering Company will require a $300 non-refundable booking charge to reserve the date. (Client agrees to pay a non refundable charge to secure the date of the event. The booking charge is a non-refundable charge to the Caterer for removing the date from availability from other potential clients). The remaining balance ($1418.39) is due no later than 10 days prior to the event.

Ours is pretty much the same as BBS. GO figure.

Thats a tough one to deal with, we ask for a deposit up front and depending on circumstances I might return it at a cancellation..yeah I know...small town politics I guess..:deadhorse:

Back