• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mini UDS

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I built this today. It's about 35 degrees outside and this little baby has been holding rock solid at around 230 for the last 2 hours. Because I'm usually cooking only for myself and my wife, I think this table top UDS is going to get a lot of use.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

Mister Bob, what size (quart/gallon) pot is that? What is the top diameter? Looks very
interesting, would work great for me and the wife also.

Cool!

I have the Mini Cajun Bandit and a BDS 1427 clone that are on a Smokey Joe platform.

Are you going to make a charcoal basket for yours? It doesn't take much to fuel the Mini's and for 2 people they are ideal.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

Cool!

I have the Mini Cajun Bandit and a BDS 1427 clone that are on a Smokey Joe platform.

Are you going to make a charcoal basket for yours?

I do plan to put sides on the charcoal grate so it can hold more fuel for longer cooks.

Looks like a 40 qt. pot or so. That is AWESOME! I LIKEY!! Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Have you seen the "Smoker Joe" mod on the bullet site?

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1840039023/m/5870049575

Tamale pot & a Smokey Joe = mini WSM

That's pretty cool! I hadn't seen that, but it wouldn't have helped me anyway. My son backed the car over my Smokey Joe a couple of years ago. :doh: The kettle got mangled but I saved the dome!

At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I figured it had to be good for something. Then, I was introduced to the UDS by The Brethren and...:idea:

To whoever wants to know I have checked 22.5 inch Weber lid on a 120qt boiling pot and its pretty close. I'm sure that will vary depending on the brand of the pot.

Ok my DW is questioning my sanity!
Started with a Weber 18.5 kettle then a Gas grill, for vegetables and burgers. Next I built a UDS and that led to the purchase of a Traeger recently to replace the dying gas grill..................Now I have another smoker to build!!!!!!

I have SJG that I always hated because it never seemed to cook right........now I know what to do with it!!!!!!!

She probably won't commit me to the institution until after I pick up an off set and a Santa Maria

I really want to build a mini UDS for my dad. He lost a leg and struggles to get around and the UDS is to big for him to manage.
Any suggestions on where to get a 30 gallon drum? Looked on Ebay, and CL and online and only found a new one for 55 plus shipping. That is to much for me to pay
Thanks

I really want to build a mini UDS for my dad. He lost a leg and struggles to get around and the UDS is to big for him to manage.
Any suggestions on where to get a 30 gallon drum? Looked on Ebay, and CL and online and only found a new one for 55 plus shipping. That is to much for me to pay
Thanks

I would suggest calling truck stops or other big truck repair and maintenance facilities. Many times I have seen the 30 gallon drums used to store grease and other lubricants used on big rigs.

Thanks

An aluminum Tamale steamer has been used for this. Amazon has a variety of sizes, many with free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag...d-keywords=tamale pot&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Back