Itchin for a new BBQ toy errr I mean serious piece of equipment

MaximumJEFF

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So, I want to pick up a remote thermometer. I need YOUR help to decide which one to get. It's between the Maverick ET-732 and the iGrill. I've read both good and bad about both. And, they're both about the same price.

Which one is the one to get? Are they pretty much the same? Six of one, half a dozen of the other?

Haven't tried maverick but if you have apple devices the igrill is fairly slick. Pretty good range. Mine was accurate as well. I got the additional pit probe. Neat feature to post cooks to web and see what others are cooking around you. Link to FB as well. Like the interface. 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've never had a minute's trouble with my Maverick.

Simple to use....five seconds to cut on and deploy. Great range. Can do yardwork and wash car while having constant temp readings.

I have heard good things about the Mav. 732 their ET-73's were a p.o.s.

Hear great things about the 732. The igrill had problems at first, but they have supposedly worked out most of the kinks. Also cool b/c you can get a graph of your smoking temps for the entire cook.

There's been good and bad said about both. The Igrill can gragh, link to fb and other things. It also works with some android devices as well as iphones and ipads.

Got about 10 cooks on my Maverick 732 now and I love it. The food probe reads almost identical to my Thermapen. Easy to use and I have had no issues with it.

I had nothing but trouble with my igrill probes. They never gave an accurate temp. They replaced a bunch but now they stopped and told me to buy more. Got 0 to 2 cooks from each probe. I really wish the igrill would work as I like the charting feature. However my experience was horrible. I believe that I went through 5 meat probes and 2 ambient probes. None work currently and I used the igrill 5 times. My maverick is rock solid so far. Only three cooks with it though. However both probes still work.

I'm a former Mac systems administrator and am still using all Apple gear. I went with the Maverick because I didn't want to deal with yet another thing that might need app updates, etc. If you have use for the charting / graphing data, go for it, I've heard most say they like the iGrill, but I'm very content with what Cindy calls my "meat pager". :)

I have heard good things about the Mav. 732 their ET-73's were a p.o.s.
I have both. I've used the ET-73 for several years without problems. I can look out the window where I want to use the remote and see the smoker so the range is not an issue. Accuracy for both is probably similar (and seems to be adequate.)

The cables on the 732 sensors are thicker and likely more durable. The probe cable on the 73 will not take temperatures much above the rated 400+ F temperature range. The 732 will read a higher temperature and the probes are good to over 700 F and that's the reason I got the 732. I have not gotten rid of the 73 and do not plan to.

Definitely not a P.O.S. for me.

I have the ET-73 and have no issues with it, works as advertised.
I've been using mine for a year now without issue, for 30 bucks it is very reliable. I once used it on the grill that was over 500 and the cooker probe fried. Maverick sent me a new one no questions asked. NOw I follow the temperature restrictions and Its fine.

I have a Maverick ET-732. It works well but after about 10 cooks the pit probe went bad and I had to buy a replacement.

Sent from my Android phone.

My Maverick E-73 worked approximately three times and stopped transmitting to the receiver. Tossed it in the trash. They know it was a bad design that's why they had to do a reboot. Save your money IMHO. ThermoWorks we need you in this arena.

Back