Butt Brining?

S

sigmasmokers

Does anyone have any experience Brining their Butt before smoking and did it make a difference. I am in charge of the pork for the Super Bowl party and was wanting to try something a little different. Was thinking of a basic brine with Salt, Brown Sugar, maybe some lemons and oranges for some acid and then maybe some herbs. Do you think this will add anything to the finished product?

You get as many opinions as you will answers on that one.

Personally, I like the taste of pork that's been brined. Use enough salt to float an egg in it. I use vinegar, worchetershire, and sugar. Maybe some cayenne. Long as you have enough, you can experiment with other flavors.

Go for it!

i used to brine them all the time. (applejuice brine recipe is in our recipe section)... Find that injecting it gives better results. Inject with a mixture of worstershire, salt, applejuice, butter and honeyand a touch of cider vinegar. saute some garlic and whatever hers ya like in the butter, then add the rest of the stuff and strain it. Inject away. Gets just as good, if not better results and you dont have to do it the day before and sit overnight.

BBQchef33 said:
i used to brine them all the time. (applejuice brine recipe is in our recipe section)... Find that injecting it gives better results. Inject with a mixture of worstershire, salt, applejuice, butter and honeyand a touch of cider vinegar. saute some garlic and whatever hers ya like in the butter, then add the rest of the stuff and strain it. Inject away. Gets just as good, if not better results and you dont have to do it the day before and sit overnight.

Damn that sounds goodd. I too inject but only with apple cider. Must try your injection recipie next time a fix a butt. Think I'll add a little Yoshida's GS to that injecton also!

Back