OMG!!!! They sell organic Charcoal!

BayoustateBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This picture is worth a thousand words. One of my friends posted on FB that her husband bought her charcoal for her green egg. This right here folks is proof that some people will buy anything. So If you sell "Organic" "Lump" charcoal, does that mean the trees were organically fed or free range? HAHAHAHAHA

1939441_425185544250513_1889363205_n.jpg

That is funny. I've never used the BGE lump since it is always way more expensive, but I don't remember seeing it organic.

Maybe it means the trees haven't been sprayed with pesticides or maybe it means there are no fillers or chemicals added to the charcoal -- although I thought "natural" or "lump" meant that. Who knows. I can't keep up with the advertising. Personally, I'm waiting for charcoal that has no transfats and is cholesteral free.

You tree captor!!!!!!!!!

How inhumane!!!! :tsk:

:laugh:

If the trees make it outside of the fence then they're "free range" and gets only rain water the charcoal can be deemed organic....jeesh don't y'all know anything. :p

Sigh...

And so I assume they have proof over the 100 year life of the tree that no chemical ever landed on it? No... hmmm,

How could they prove that with "acid rain"?

^^that was my second question

Well, if you think that "organic" means of or derived from living matter, then, ipso facto... :blah: :confused:

How could they prove that with "acid rain"?

^^that was my second question
If the tree was grown on a road with a County Rd address it's deemed safe, If they're in the city limits then they don't get stamped organic.

I assume everyone knows this, but BGE lump is just re-branded Royal Oak. Don't fall for the hype and pay the higher price.

Organic charcoal, that is some marketing genius right there, some folks will buy anything.

Lol, I never buy anything organic. If I bought everything organic I could only afford to BBQ chicken and perhaps have to sell my car as well. I'd definitely have to sell my home and live in a tent.

Back