View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #87
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
so, how long is he open? I might *cough* *cough* be feeling under weather with a fever, and the only prescription is some short ribs......
He's there Tues/Wed./Thurs. until Sept. 5. You really should do whatever it takes to check it out. You will not regret it.

Adam was very gracious and took time out to give us a tour of his operation even though he was clearly busy.

Logs go here.

Coals come out here.

Into the J&R

He knows his pit kicks arse!

No deflector - he's cooking directly over pecan coals.

Looks like he's into heavy metal.

I brought some folks from work with me and took some back too. They all went crazy!

I got the pork this time. I had to get back to work so I couldn't wait for the pulled so I went for the sliced. Farking fantastic - period. The slaw was really great - kinda mustardy and there were these great hot pickle slices that came with it. Everything is served on Texas Toast. Sorry - no box pix 'cause I immediately got down to stuffing my face.

I'll say it again - anybody who's in the area should come check this out. It's the kind of place you'd wanna hang out at all day - great setting, folks coming by for awesome food, tunes playing, great smells & Adam is quite the host. Hell yes I'm going back.

I hope this is some sort of lead-in to a restaurant.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->